Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

worked on my truck some . . .

Old 05-30-2008, 05:52 PM
just a little 4x4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck
Default Re: worked on my truck some . . .

Originally Posted by cootees
blah, for some reason I was thinking you had a newer body s10. I like it though. You could have at least got matching coils for the rear.

Is that a full floater 14 bolt?
lol they are matching spring rates lol . . .ya know how hard it is to find matching spring rate coils in a race car shop's junk room? lol . . . .

and yeah it's a 14 ff . . .with disc brakes and wilwood calipers . .
Old 06-04-2008, 10:11 AM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

well picked up a peice of aluminum for the floor . . 1/4 thick . .wanted the peice of diamond plate aluminum they had but was 4x12 which i woulda had to peice it togeather and it was 5/16 and probably been more . . got a peice of 6x10 . . . 1.25 a lb . . 200 lbs . . 262 bucks after taxes at old dominion recycling . . it's 5456 aluminum . . supposeably a better grade?

Old 06-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Registered Member

Treat has disabled reputation

Why did you stop building the s10? I mean obviously to build the other truck but why not finish one before the next?
Old 06-05-2008, 05:30 PM
just a little 4x4

Originally Posted by Treat
Why did you stop building the s10? I mean obviously to build the other truck but why not finish one before the next?
lol i've been building on the big green/multicolor one since about 2004 lol . . then started on the s10 . . got it for a good deal . .had some parts laying around . . and i was pretty much done with the full size until i got pissed about breaking front axles and went to the 20 tons . .

the full size first got 36's with no lift . . then 3 inch body, then big block, then 4 inch suspesnion, then 39.5's for 1 week, then 3/4 tons and 44's and an th350 . . then a th400, now 20 tons and 53's with a 2.5 ton case, full hydro steering etc. etc. . .
Old 06-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Hannibal bitches

greencoug greencoug greencoug greencoug greencoug greencoug greencoug greencoug greencoug greencoug greencoug

You sir are a lunatic!!!! Impressive. Now it just needs a paint job. Even a rattle can job would be fine, just one color!!!!! LOL!
Old 06-05-2008, 06:12 PM
just a little 4x4

Originally Posted by greencoug
You sir are a lunatic!!!! Impressive. Now it just needs a paint job. Even a rattle can job would be fine, just one color!!!!! LOL!
i know i'm crazy . . and yeah someone said looks like a box of crayola exploded on my truck . . .lol . . . . thinking about getting some black primer and some beer and calling a few buddies over . . . but my luck i'll be the one doing all the work while they sit back and drink beer talking shit lol
Old 06-06-2008, 03:27 PM
just a little 4x4

floor done cell mounted . . might change it up still dunno if i like it . . . still need a -8 AN 90* fitting so hose don't come up all funky like . . . and still planning on putting an aluminum box around it so people can't stand on it .. . .
Old 06-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Registered Member

aacjohnc has disabled reputation

looks good . its gonna sux puting gas in it were it is mounted (but it not like this is a dailey driver ) mines was any spills and you are getting high off of it .. just a thought but when i did my cell i just made a box the same size as the cell and flush mounted it near the taligate and also made a space for my batteries too . and since it doesnt look like you are mounting a spare tire back under there that would be a good spot. that and you will have more cargo space to haul . but i dont think you made this truck for convience just to play in the mud.. my cell got stolen where u have your right now . just my two cents. nice build
Old 06-11-2008, 06:01 PM
just a little 4x4

well i don't haul much in the bed anymore (no more 2700 lb junk metal runs). . maybe just a tow rope and some people lol. . . i'm making an aluminum box to go all the way across the bed and you won't beable to see the cell that way people can't step on it . . i was trying to decide where to put it because i don't wanna move it again . . was trying to plan for a roll cage and all . .wanna run stacks but probably take them to the outside of the bed . . . . if i ever go trail riding i might take a spare but don't know how in the world i would get it up (tow truck i guess) then just kick it off . .somewhere around 600 lbs for tire and wheel . .lol
Old 06-14-2008, 11:39 AM
just a little 4x4

here is a little video of me taking the rear tire off today .. . ..ya can laugh at me a little if ya want
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dQOmbKPqhjM

Quick Reply: worked on my truck some . . .