Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

wheel vibrating

Old 07-25-2006, 06:36 AM
Good Ship Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sil80er is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wheel vibrating

i have a 2002 silverado with a 4" lift and 305/70/16. Recently I have noticed that the steering wheel shakes pretty bad between 55 and 60 mph. The weird part is that if I am merging onto the interstate or something and I speed up to 65 quickly I never feel it. Its only right between 55 and 60, nothing before and nothing after. I feel it coming from the front passenger side. Would this be a balancing issue or a tire issue?
Old 07-25-2006, 06:56 AM
i wanna k20

1fatbean has disabled reputation
Default Re: wheel vibrating

could be alignment,,,,, or it could be a wear pattern in those massive tires?? but more than likely a balancing weight popped off and ur wheel isnt balanced,, i used to work at tread quarters and most trucks that ran bigger tires usually lost weights and had to have replaced that should be ur problem!!
Old 07-25-2006, 07:34 AM
Good Ship Bear

sil80er is an unknown quantity at this point

awesome thats what i wanted to hear. thanks!
Old 07-25-2006, 07:45 AM
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

i have the same issue... granted i have boggers and theres is a little bit of vibration to begin with, but it just recently got really bad... havn't gotten the chance to have it checked out yet.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:40 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Definately sounds like bad tread wear. Check your tire pressure and rotate your tires to see if it helps any.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:42 AM
12 Seconds, FINALLY

MustangCRZY302 has a spectacular aura aboutMustangCRZY302 has a spectacular aura aboutMustangCRZY302 has a spectacular aura about

I work at Sears Auto, and let me just tell ya, its pretty hard to keep those big tires balanced. There is just so much tire. If you get it balance and it doesn't go away, it could be ball joints, they take a beating with big tires.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:20 AM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

Originally Posted by MustangCRZY302
I work at Sears Auto, and let me just tell ya, its pretty hard to keep those big tires balanced. There is just so much tire. If you get it balance and it doesn't go away, it could be ball joints, they take a beating with big tires.
ya can check the ball joints by jacking it up and try and shake the tire up and down (top and bottem). . . . . any movement and the ball joint is probably bad .. . side to side (front and rear) and it's a tierod . . . . but does sound like a tire prob . . like someone suggested rotate the tires . . move it to the rear . . if it is now in the rear you defently know it's the tire . . if it's still in the front then its soemthing in the suspension on that side
Old 07-25-2006, 01:11 PM
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

good stuff, now just need a friend to help with the tires cuz i'm way too lazy to carry those heavy fuckers

oh and sorry for buttin in on your thread man lol
Old 07-25-2006, 07:53 PM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

Originally Posted by WutupYo
good stuff, now just need a friend to help with the tires cuz i'm way too lazy to carry those heavy fuckers

oh and sorry for buttin in on your thread man lol
I did a tire rotation on my friends durango with 35's on a lift while he had it high enought to change the oil . . . . . that wasn't to bad . . .but I know I don't like putting the 44's on my truck on and off to much
Old 08-01-2006, 08:20 PM
GLHF

ok, i have been drivin around, it got a lil bit worse, and i've realized if i'm doing 25, and give it gas, then the car will shake, but stop when i let off. and my vibration occurs between 35-45 pretty badly too. anything?

Quick Reply: wheel vibrating