Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

What do you think of this find...

Old 02-04-2009, 06:44 AM
Slow ass car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mongoose87 has disabled reputation
Default What do you think of this find...

258 6cyl 160K ish miles. Auto trans has less than 10k miles on the rebuild. Dana 300, 30 front 20 rear with Superior shafts in the rear, 4.56 gears no lockers b/c I had not made up my mind yet. 4" rubicon express springs. all new brake lines, master cylinder, proportioning valve, NO RUST ANYWHERE!! I replaced the old tub with a 95 wrangler tub. Tube fenders, steel corners, sliders, LED lighting. ALL NEW PAINLESS wiring. 35" Tires.

Guy is asking $7500 obo... I think I'm gonna buy it this weekend for a little less than that.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:51 AM
Engineer

varocktoy has disabled reputation
Default Re: What do you think of this find...

The only thing i see is with those 35in tires, any kind of descent wheeling you will break them tiny axles. Has potential though. For some reason i still think its kind of a high price..but then again i dont ever shop for jeeps so i dont know what they are going for.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:59 AM
Slow ass car

I agree that the price is just a bit steep but it is really clean and has absolutely no issues. I agree about the axles, Imma start looking for a good deal on a 60/14B or 60/60 combo but I don't plan on wheeling it much in the upcoming year; A few trips to the OBX and just running around in some of the local spots so I'm not too worried about the axles just yet...
Old 02-04-2009, 07:04 AM
METH SLURP

pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1

I'd rather get a better built jeep or get a stock one and build it the way you want.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:09 AM
Engineer

Originally Posted by Mongoose87
I agree that the price is just a bit steep but it is really clean and has absolutely no issues. I agree about the axles, Imma start looking for a good deal on a 60/14B or 60/60 combo but I don't plan on wheeling it much in the upcoming year; A few trips to the OBX and just running around in some of the local spots so I'm not too worried about the axles just yet...
sweet! it does look clean though. not to sure about that winch though...haha never even seen one like that haha. But def upgrade them axles!
Old 02-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Slow ass car

Originally Posted by pau1
I'd rather get a better built jeep or get a stock one and build it the way you want.
Yeah there is a 79 CJ 7 out in Asheville NC for $6000 that has a GM fuel injected 5.3L, Dana 60 rear, Dana 44 front, lockers, and hydraulic steering that I was looking at. Just don't want to drive 7 hours and not buy it. I've given the guy 2 weeks to get me more pictures and he hasn't.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:26 PM
METH SLURP

pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1

Originally Posted by Mongoose87
Yeah there is a 79 CJ 7 out in Asheville NC for $6000 that has a GM fuel injected 5.3L, Dana 60 rear, Dana 44 front, lockers, and hydraulic steering that I was looking at. Just don't want to drive 7 hours and not buy it. I've given the guy 2 weeks to get me more pictures and he hasn't.
Nice. Now that sounds a lot more worth it to me. He might have sold it already but I'd def look in to that a bit more.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Slow ass car

Originally Posted by varocktoy
not to sure about that winch though...haha never even seen one like that haha
It's a 10,000 pound winch (about $1500) lol, why a jeep would ever need one that big is beyond me but I am looking forward to hanging it from a tree just for shits and giggles...
Old 02-04-2009, 03:55 PM
World Famous VF-14

fullsize fun is a splendid one to beholdfullsize fun is a splendid one to beholdfullsize fun is a splendid one to beholdfullsize fun is a splendid one to beholdfullsize fun is a splendid one to beholdfullsize fun is a splendid one to beholdfullsize fun is a splendid one to behold

ahh yea , another bought not built 4 wheeler....
Old 02-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Engineer

Originally Posted by fullsize fun
ahh yea , another bought not built 4 wheeler....
best way to save money bro. you can get something cheap that would have cost almost 10K or more to build. And not to sure on what you have done to your truck or not but just adding a lift kit to something doesnt mean its built sooo. Not sure what you are implying by that statement. But whatever the case its a clean ass jeep the other one would be though would be awesome if you want to hit the rocks right away!

Quick Reply: What do you think of this find...