Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Warning about the OBX ....

Old 04-13-2005, 11:31 AM
enya mouf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU
Default Warning about the OBX ....

Twas about 3 years ago or so .....

Enjoying a relaxing day on the beach with the top down / doors off and helping a friend of mine dig out his F150 , we were graced by a visit from a park ranger . She handed me a ticket and said I was being find for 'jumping the dunes' and 'disturbing the wildlife' .

Flashback 45minutes .....

Whilst heading out to our perfect spot near the bridge to get out fish on , we encounter a stuck 4-Runner . We stop to see if they need help , but they insisted that everything was under control . They did advise the sand was very soft just ahead and if we headed inland about 100ft we should be fine . We drove around the washouts , drove near a flock of seagulls ( a few flew away ) , and parked our rides . We started enjoying the day when we realized we needed more ice , so my friend started to head out when BAM ! stuck . No big .

Enter park ranger .

We had been watched by the fish and wildlife management officer on our trek . We had evidentally driven across a dune . I says WHAT ? We were informed that any mound of sand as little as 6 inches tall with no less than 3 blades of grass was considered a DUNE . And that by driving by the birds , we disturbed their natural habitat . I got out of the bird thing , but she followed my tracks back to a mound of sand NOT VISIBLE from the driver seat and she said that it was considered a natural dune and I recieved a $250 fine . She said the law was clearly marked at the beach entrance ( which it isnt because it doesn't define a dune ) . I later found out that they target younger folk in bigger trucks specifically with VA tags . I was told this by another ranger at the boat ramp as he laughed .

Just a word of caution ... they's lookin at you !!!
Old 04-13-2005, 11:55 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Warning about the OBX ....

Thanks for the heads up
Old 04-13-2005, 12:16 PM
Wanna taste?

Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt

I heard about that shit. A few of my boys were thrown of the beach down there this past weekend.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:51 PM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

damn i never even seen a cop down there when ive driven on the beach
Old 04-13-2005, 12:53 PM
PandaMania

BigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these parts

i guess ill never go down there. i cant control myself, i go crazy with my jeep just on a dirt road.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:11 PM
OG from 2000

SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94

Ive been down there north of Corolla about 6 times and we were only harassed once by Currituck County's finest because they had followed some 16 year olds in rock crawler Cherokees into the same area I was so they busted us all. They said we were tresspassing and destroying property, but had to let us go because there are few if any signs and no owner to file a complaint. I tread lightly, my stock Jeep requires it.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:15 PM
enya mouf

DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU

I'm not saying don't go down there .... that place is a helluva good time and I love doing beach trips there . I still go about 10 times a year ( already twice this year ) . But I just wanted to pass it on that VA tags are targeted . Younger drivers are targeted . It came directly from a park ranger's mouth ! I thought that was complete BS , but I guess they have to generate reveneu one way or another ! I am a member of the NCBBA and have even heard members say that you WILL be watched HEAVILY if you have VA tags . I guess it's stereotyping since that's where a majority of the violations come from . My $250 lesson was complete BS and they seperated everyone in my group and questoned us 1 at a time . Everyones story's lined up and they couldn't say dick about running through birds , but the tracks to the 6inch high dune was proof enough for the other offense . We were all VERY pissed off and the others chipped in to help pay for the fine that only I got ( I guess that's what I get for having a very recognizable Jeep >> only citron green in the area at that time ) .
Old 04-17-2005, 09:14 PM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

I got a ticket for camping on the beach. I wasn't even asleep when the plane flew over us or the ranger came up on us and we didn't have any camp materials. 2 of my buddies were asleep on their surf boards and the other was fishing. I was emptying the truck out from the carnage of the night before.

Kinda sucked but I guess we could have all gotten tickets.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:31 PM
Simple Bolt Ons

C MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these parts

ya those park rangers are great..... back about five years ago i was turning around to back up to the water.... when one of them claimed i was doing donuts
Old 04-17-2005, 10:49 PM
has a huge dong

VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER

thats why i stick more to duck when i go

Quick Reply: Warning about the OBX ....