Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

trans ?

Old 12-16-2007, 10:30 AM
taller than rice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zford is an unknown quantity at this point
Default trans ?

ok just had a rebuild about 200 miles ago and the tranny is already dead and the warranty doesnt cover it because of my vehicle, but the ? is it engages in reverse has plenty of power in reverse, has no forward gears so im guessin its a valve body problem but i wanted some of yalls opinion.. i guess i should mention its an e4od in my 94 f-140 on 39's(for now)
Old 12-16-2007, 03:03 PM
PieceOfShitRedneck

BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco
Default Re: trans ?

Originally Posted by zford
ok just had a rebuild about 200 miles ago and the tranny is already dead and the warranty doesnt cover it because of my vehicle, but the ? is it engages in reverse has plenty of power in reverse, has no forward gears so im guessin its a valve body problem but i wanted some of yalls opinion.. i guess i should mention its an e4od in my 94 f-140 on 39's(for now)
will it catch into drive and then not go anywhere when you step on it or not go into drive at all
Old 12-16-2007, 04:17 PM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

sounds like the front drive clutches are gone . . that' what happened to my th400 . . had reverse and no forward
Old 12-17-2007, 12:46 PM
taller than rice

itll shift into drive any itll actually move a little but not enough to realy make it go anywhere but itll rev to like 3500 rpm and not move a damn inch kinda hadf to neutral drop to like 1 to get it to move the slightest bit n i really dont feel like droppin 2gs on a rebuild
Old 12-17-2007, 01:10 PM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

Originally Posted by zford
itll shift into drive any itll actually move a little but not enough to realy make it go anywhere but itll rev to like 3500 rpm and not move a damn inch kinda hadf to neutral drop to like 1 to get it to move the slightest bit n i really dont feel like droppin 2gs on a rebuild
sounds just like mine did . .
Old 12-17-2007, 01:10 PM
TURBO 420A

nastyone is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd say take it to a tranny shop and let them look at it. Sounds like your forward clutches are gone.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:20 PM
taller than rice

and thats what im afraid of the tranny haas less the 200 miles on it it the clutches are gone this is fuckin bullshit im gonna call the waranty company again cause this is retarded
Old 12-17-2007, 02:40 PM
TURBO 420A

nastyone is an unknown quantity at this point

you might have shattered some hard parts that were used in the rebuild. sometimes bad parts are used depending on the builder could have been over looked. thats why we have 3 full time builders who look over each others work. could be a few other things as well pm me if you want.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Registered Member

dialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond repute

Put a small block c6 in it i know where one is for cheap
Old 12-26-2007, 02:37 PM
taller than rice

i wasa gonna try thaqt i just didnt know about cross member and bw1356 bolting to it or the comp reacting to the c6, but where i might try it? and how much?