Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Taco problems

Old 04-04-2005, 10:04 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H23Lude9 has disabled reputation
Default Taco problems

hey i have taken my truck off road in a few puddles here and there nothing big But not the truck is not running right...its real weak.When its in gear it shutters when you take off..does anyone knwo what could be causeing this...maybe water somewhere in the engine???
Old 04-04-2005, 12:59 PM
skankin'

dubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud of
Default Re: Taco problems

check the air filter first off, could be gunked up. how big were these puddles? enough to spray water up to the electronic components in the bay?
Old 04-04-2005, 01:24 PM
HUH??

1badyota is an unknown quantity at this point

Pull off your distributor cap and dry it out that always works for me
Old 04-04-2005, 03:39 PM
follow me if you can

bigd0915 is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe change your tranny fluid. it could be contaminated.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by shoes
check the air filter first off, could be gunked up. how big were these puddles? enough to spray water up to the electronic components in the bay?

Some may have gotten up there if so it was splashed. The puddles were not big enough to submerge the front or anything like that
Old 04-04-2005, 06:20 PM
skankin'

dubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud of

When you say shuttering, do you mean just the engine is hesitating/struggling, or do you mean the entire truck shutters as if there's a driveline problem? If it is the latter, then it might be your tranny like said above or diffs, but I doubt it since you said you didn't really sumberge your vehicle enough. Your brakes could have been gunked up. Are they operating normally? I've had a piston stick open on me once, but its uncommon. Now if its your engine that is giving you problems, check the filter and entire intake for clogs, and distributor for water like said above.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:53 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by shoes
When you say shuttering, do you mean just the engine is hesitating/struggling, or do you mean the entire truck shutters as if there's a driveline problem? If it is the latter, then it might be your tranny like said above or diffs, but I doubt it since you said you didn't really sumberge your vehicle enough. Your brakes could have been gunked up. Are they operating normally? I've had a piston stick open on me once, but its uncommon. Now if its your engine that is giving you problems, check the filter and entire intake for clogs, and distributor for water like said above.
Yea we changed alll the fluids and replaced spark plus. its running fine now..i think it just need to air out.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:06 AM
follow me if you can

bigd0915 is an unknown quantity at this point

this is the reason i dont do mud..... it tends to SUCK.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:55 PM
poop

Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate

true that.. i hate mud. but i can't decide which is worse... mud or salt. =]
Old 04-25-2005, 07:02 PM
Clean Freak.

Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean

Originally Posted by Crate
true that.. i hate mud. but i can't decide which is worse... mud or salt. =]
haha, mud is alot of fun but also a pain in the ass, I'm gonna have to go with salt as the worst tho.

Quick Reply: Taco problems