Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

stupid question about rims/tires

Old 01-29-2007, 10:20 AM
DaveMcDirt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
davethacraker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default stupid question about rims/tires

wasup guys,im not the brightest bulb in the box when it comes to tires and stuff so if your gonna call me a dumbass for asking this dont bother...but will a 14.50 fit on an 8in rim?..and if not does anybody know where i can get some really cheap 10in rims that fit a 88 yota?..thanks in advance and the sooner i get an answer the better bc i want to buy some tires from somebody off here before they sell them
Old 01-29-2007, 10:34 AM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck
Default Re: stupid question about rims/tires

Originally Posted by davethacraker
wasup guys,im not the brightest bulb in the box when it comes to tires and stuff so if your gonna call me a dumbass for asking this dont bother...but will a 14.50 fit on an 8in rim?..and if not does anybody know where i can get some really cheap 10in rims that fit a 88 yota?..thanks in advance and the sooner i get an answer the better bc i want to buy some tires from somebody off here before they sell them
it is possible to put it on their I guess but it would be really ballooned . . I would not recommend it. . . . most tire manufactures recommend a 10 - 12 inch rim . . . as for 10 inch rims . . think someoen in the forasle section had some MT classic II's 6 lug for sale . . or get the black D ones for like 40 bucks a peice new off like any site . .
Old 01-30-2007, 08:07 AM
git down on it

judge judge judge judge judge judge judge judge judge judge judge

definetly go with a 10 inch rim. you might have clearance issues with an 8 as well as being ballooned out like crazy.

edit: if you are talking about the boggers on here, i believe they are only 14 inch wide. 12 inch wide rims would look better than 10's imho.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:41 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

i had 38.5x15x15 boggers on my 15x10 rims and they looked great.10-12" rims are recommended. you can use a 33x12.5x15 on a 15x8 rim and works great. when i get my 44" boggers im gonna be using 15x12 rims
Old 01-30-2007, 08:48 AM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

I have 44x18.50's on 15 inch wide rims . . look pretty good . . and tim (old79bronco) on here has 44x18.50's on 12 inch wide rims and they look good to . . *shrugs*
Old 01-30-2007, 10:00 AM
DaveMcDirt

davethacraker is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for all the advice guys...i bought the truck im puttin the tires on off a guy up here and im not sure if the rims are 8in or 10in now,they have 33x12.50x15s on them now and they dont look to be 4.5in wider than the rim and i put a tape measurer through the rims so im thinkn there 10in rims...but if i get the tires and they look retarted on my wheels im just going to buy some of those black D wheels chevymudtruck was talkn about,thanks again guys
Old 01-30-2007, 07:59 PM
taller than rice

zford is an unknown quantity at this point

got some m/t classic 2's 15x10 6 lug might fit i know they fit an 80 somethin chevy so i think they shuld fit a yota lemme know if you want em
Old 01-30-2007, 08:23 PM
just a little 4x4

Originally Posted by zford
got some m/t classic 2's 15x10 6 lug might fit i know they fit an 80 somethin chevy so i think they shuld fit a yota lemme know if you want em
damn u still have em . . . decent deal on em and no one wanna buy em? . whats up with that . .
Old 01-30-2007, 08:38 PM
taller than rice

zford is an unknown quantity at this point

haha hell if i know one actually two of the guys i work with wanna buy em, i told em ive lowere the price forst 275 takes em but looks like ima have to go lower then that to sell these bastards at this point i need em gone , their takin up place in my bedroom
Old 01-30-2007, 08:55 PM
just a little 4x4

Originally Posted by zford
haha hell if i know one actually two of the guys i work with wanna buy em, i told em ive lowere the price forst 275 takes em but looks like ima have to go lower then that to sell these bastards at this point i need em gone , their takin up place in my bedroom
if ur giving em away I'll take em . .

Quick Reply: stupid question about rims/tires