Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

question about my durango

Old 06-25-2008, 02:46 PM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell
Default question about my durango

Well, hello everyone. I have been a member on these forums for a while but I believe this to be the first time posting in this section.

I have a 98 4x4 slt durango and I need tires, I was going to go ahead and get a set of wheels and tires instead of just new tires. I am leaning towards a 16in black standard wheel (I don't know what they are called but the ones with the holes). See the problem is I want a little tire but I don't want to put a lift on it due to the height of my wife and us having 3 kids.

I think I have been told that I could fit a 33 under it but what do you guys think? also do you know of any good places to buy what I want from? I honestly MIGHT get just tires because I kinda like the stock 15's. but let me know what you guys think.

BTW my if anyone has something let me know but my truck is 6 lug so that limites buying used
Old 06-25-2008, 03:07 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: question about my durango

15's are going to give you a MUCH wider choice of tires. What size tires are on the Durango now, and give me some ideas of what kind of spacing you have (tire to fender, inside of tire to suspension/steering, etc.). I don't know much about Durango's, so someone like ritz might be able to help you a bit more since he used to have a lifted Durango, but I can give you a fairly broad estimate based on the info I asked for above.

And any local tire shop can get your basic wheels and most tires.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:19 PM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

right now the truck has 15s and 31s on them. haven't had a chance to see the distance between steering and wheel though.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Registered member

laxton has disabled reputation

No way.. I have a Durango with a 3in lift and if it didn't have it it definitely wouldn't clear man. Check it out its the '98 Durango lifted'
Old 05-17-2011, 09:42 AM
Suzuki Fanboi

OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy

Originally Posted by laxton
No way.. I have a Durango with a 3in lift and if it didn't have it it definitely wouldn't clear man. Check it out its the '98 Durango lifted'
Wow bro, thread was from 08. Nice first post.