Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Pissed off beyond natural limits.

Old 04-12-2005, 06:30 PM
OBD II sucks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mudstuck98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pissed off beyond natural limits.

If you are planning to do some hardcore wheelin, I would seriosly consider a solid axle swap. As for your rear suspension, its leaf springs, you can lift that easy. You can always make custom leaf packs. My rear leaf packs are a blend of Cherokee and Dakota leaves.

If you get a real big suspension lift you need to consider the slip yoke on your t-case (you should have a New Process 231). Once you lift it and get steep driveline angles, you don't want your rear shaft to slip out of the yoke (happened to me, I had to wheel back to the campsite in front-wheel drive).

You can buy a slip yoke eliminator for the 231. It replaces the slip-yoke with a fixed yoke. You will also need a new driveshaft with a CV joint to work with the slip-yoke eliminator kit.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:36 AM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

thats my boy, will.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:13 AM
Registered Member

geoncrackhead has disabled reputation

i can get a trailmaster lift for 1600.00
Old 04-13-2005, 08:23 AM
slowest member

slimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these parts

i would sell my truck if the price is right i just put a whole lot of money in it. tires,shocks and stearing stabilizer dont even have 1000 miles yet not including taking the motor apart and putting it back together after the timing chain broke. and i just got my key back 5 minutes ago that i lost monday so i couldnt drive it. and about your truck thats gay i would find a different shop
Old 04-13-2005, 05:39 PM
Registered Member

mAydAy is an unknown quantity at this point

Fuck Pungo, they don't know shit. There are suspension lifts for your truck. Goddammit you can buy a suspension lift for a '68 Mustang (Okay, they are short and for running taller and or drag tires not for offroading but still lift it none the less), you definitely can buy them for a Jimmy, and I've seen them before. I'd say they probalby would say the same shit aobut my Suburban except for the fact that uglyass Suburban they have there thast lifted, the red white and blue one.

PS: DO NOT BUY A LIFTED TRUCK. Trust me. Everyone I know taht has done it has had nightmares out the ass. If trucks aren't lifted right or are run hard they get majorly tore up, and you never can tell who installed it and how the previous owner ran it. I know lots of people that have gotten burned like that so just do yourself a favor and buy an unlifted truck. Buy an old 80something Chevy 4x4 truck with sfa and go to town on it, and lifts for those things are cheap and easy.

-Andy
Old 04-14-2005, 07:15 AM
d00d

duder is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your help. I have come to a decision to buy a set of 31" bfg's for my truck and then stop. My truck has 137,000 miles on it and I'm not investing anymore money into something that might only last a few more years. I'm not planning on droppping a new engine into it after it goes out either because I really don't like it that much. As for buying a truck that's already lifted, I agree that it is a gamble. However, 2 of my friends have bought lifted trucks and both of them have worked out to be pretty nice. I'm not buying a new truck until I get out of college, but I will look for a truck in nice condition before I look for a truck that is lifted but may be cheap.

With that being said, the last things I'mprobably doing to my truck are 31's and maybe some fog lights.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:42 AM
slowest member

slimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these parts

its not buying a lifted truck that is the problem it is who you buy from. alot of people get them and dont take care of them and then lift them and dont put better lasting parts and keep all stock parts i learned the hard way. the guy that owned my truck before me didnt take of it in the two moths i had my truck i replaced the tires, shocks, stearing stabilizer, timing chain snapped so we took the motor apart checked the head and cleaned everything up replaced the timing chain and all the gaskets then 3 days after that i blew a radiator hose fixed that then 4 hours later my coil split in half so changed the coil and spark plug wires, 2 days later blew a heater hose. now thati fixed everything it runs great but all parts were stock parts that had 190,xxx miles so it how you take care of truck not all lifted trucks are bad. but i got mine truck for a steal so i dont complain much
Old 04-15-2005, 09:53 AM
d00d

I'm getting the 31's tommorow. Going to tread quarters, trying to get some swampers.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:00 PM
I drive real slow

subaruboy has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by duder
As for my inspection, my dad won't take it to any other mechanic because he's a dick.
??? If you're even remotely close to the age of 18, the wtf? just about everywhere does inspections... find out where someone that's lienent is and take that shit to get inspected when pops is at work... what's he gonna do, rip your inspection sticker off?
Old 04-20-2005, 03:52 PM
d00d

Not even close to 18 and I'll be damned if I pay for that shit until I am 18.

Quick Reply: Pissed off beyond natural limits.