Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

New progress on my Samurai! Finally!

Old 03-24-2011, 09:26 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge
Default Re: New progress on my Samurai! Finally!

Who knows, maybe you can have it ready for the trail clean-up ride. Nice work man!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:33 AM
OCD Fag.

Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96

I meant to ask you this a while back when I saw it on VA4x4.. What type of case is that? Is it a BorgWarner? Thing looks damn close to my BW4406, but the internals are completely different. I'm jealous!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Suzuki Fanboi

OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy

Originally Posted by aquickmopar
Looks good can't wait to see it out on the trail.
Thanks man, hopefully soon. Just ran into a small snag... should pick up here in a bit though.

Originally Posted by boostedvenge
Who knows, maybe you can have it ready for the trail clean-up ride. Nice work man!
Kinda the plan.

I hope.

Originally Posted by Brandons96
I meant to ask you this a while back when I saw it on VA4x4.. What type of case is that? Is it a BorgWarner? Thing looks damn close to my BW4406, but the internals are completely different. I'm jealous!
LOL! You know, I'm not really sure who make it. My guess would either be Suzuki or Aisin. I can tell you who makes the internals...
Old 03-24-2011, 10:42 AM
OCD Fag.

Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96

ah.. with the exception of the tailshaft, it closely resembles a BW. My transfer case has that stupid clutch/slip driven crap in it, I'm trying to find some hard gears or another transfer case to put in it. But of course.. NO ONE makes crap for Explorer's!! Except for Atlas... but I'm not looking to put a transfer case in the truck that's worth more that the entire thing..
Old 03-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Suzuki Fanboi

OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy

Originally Posted by Brandons96
ah.. with the exception of the tailshaft, it closely resembles a BW. My transfer case has that stupid clutch/slip driven crap in it, I'm trying to find some hard gears or another transfer case to put in it. But of course.. NO ONE makes crap for Explorer's!! Except for Atlas... but I'm not looking to put a transfer case in the truck that's worth more that the entire thing..
I hear ya man, have you checked out Klune-V? Maybe more than you're looking for though, but maybe a option for you...
Old 03-24-2011, 11:51 AM
Suzuki Fanboi

Also forgot to add that I got this little gem in the mail the other day. It's my tcase shifter bushing as I don't have one at the moment. Mine was almost completely gone, deteriorated all to hell.

No, the ketchup didn't come w/ it. Ha! It was just there to show size.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:09 PM
Suzuki Fanboi

Put the shifter sheet in this evening! lol!

Actually planned on doing more. Thought I was getting off early today, didn't so killed plans. Now the plan is to go work on it more Sun. Hopefully I will have it running Sun. *praying*
Old 05-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Suzuki Fanboi

Started at 3 this afternoon and got a little more done today!

Got the GM alt. back on. Pretty much had to reinvent the wheel because the alt. would't fit with the upper adjustment arm. We had to grind more out of the adjuster and some out of the actual housing on the alt. After fitting and grinding, fitting and grinding it finally went back on. All to find out that the belt was to small. Luckily my friend has a collection of belts and had one that fit pretty well.

After the alt. went back on got the steering straightened out and cotter pins put in. Thats good to go now!

We then moved to the tcase and tcase arms. I got all new bolts and washers because hunting down the old ones was damn near impossible. Got the arms put on and mounts attached. All to notice that three bolts were going to be 1/4" to short, bummer. Oh well, I look to have this buttoned up and drivable this coming Wed!

Here are a few pics taken with my phone from today.

These guys have apparently taken up residence under my hood. I cant be a ass and evict them at such a young age so hopefully they grow up soon and move out to a bigger place of their own.

After reinventing the wheel, GM 2 wire alt. and Trail Tough GM bracket was put back on. All ready to go.

Custom tcase arms. Long side and short side.

Arms mounted to the case and the mounts on also.

Pic of the Zuk for the hell of it.

Now just need to put the tcase and arms under it, hook up the Dshafts, bleed the brakes!
Old 05-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Suzuki Fanboi

Well the birds have moved on (no help from me) and I did a little more today. I got the case in it, got the rear Dshaft hooked up. I still need o get the bolts for the half shaft and need to get the front lengthened. Now all I need is to bleed the brakes!
Old 05-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Have nice day

02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra

Nice!!

Does this mean you'll be driving the black zuk saturday??

Quick Reply: New progress on my Samurai! Finally!