Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

How big can I go?

Old 12-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Simple Bolt Ons

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these parts
Default Re: How big can I go?

to fit 35's on a 99 and up taco you'll need to go suspension the tires usually rub the lips of the fender well. 3 Inch body won't be enough. If you do go suspension be prepaired to spend some money due to the IRS front end. the last one i helped out on we had to cut the old K member out and bolt in a new one.

Originally Posted by ritz
I can tell you they won't fit without rubbing. All I have on my truck is a 3" BL and ~2" torsion bar/shackle lift with 305/70/16's (33x12.50's) and I'm a LOT bigger than a stock Tacoma. So with that said if you lifted a Tacoma 3" it wouldn't even be as tall as my truck, so I don't think so.
you can't compare different types of trucks to each other. the size of the wheel well and placement of the hubs vary. For example my 78 bronco with no lift I ran around on 33x12.50's and could easily fit 35's under it and it would only rub on hard turns.
btw 4x4 tacos sit pretty high stock.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Simple Bolt Ons

C MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these parts

double post

Last edited by C MY 4D; 12-08-2005 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Simple Bolt Ons

triple post
Old 12-08-2005, 06:27 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Originally Posted by C MY 4D
to fit 35's on a 99 and up taco you'll need to go suspension the tires usually rub the lips of the fender well. 3 Inch body won't be enough. If you do go suspension be prepaired to spend some money due to the IRS front end. the last one i helped out on we had to cut the old K member out and bolt in a new one.

you can't compare different types of trucks to each other. the size of the wheel well and placement of the hubs vary. For example my 78 bronco with no lift I ran around on 33x12.50's and could easily fit 35's under it and it would only rub on hard turns.
btw 4x4 tacos sit pretty high stock.
You're right about the size of the wheel wells, but you're also talking about a full size SUV and his truck is a mid size pickup. But yeah wheel wells usually make a difference, but stock vs stock they don't really sit any higher than my Durango did.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:54 PM
for alarms/rmt-strts

EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by geonfreaq
Alot will depend on how wide you go too. I put 35"s on my truck and they didnt rub. When I put the same tires on a wider wheel they rubbed like hell.
big ass fuckin truck..lol i had a hell of a time zipping the 12v too
Old 12-16-2005, 05:09 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Head over to yotatech.com or ttora.com. You can find a ton of information on those boards regarding tire fitments. I would also suggest to just do a mild body lift, 1"-1.5", 2" at the most and the rest suspension.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:20 PM
Registered Member

anomaly is an unknown quantity at this point

It will rub. You should not run that big of a body lift. Be prepared to move the radiator, steering colum etc. Go to 63" Chevy leaf springs in the rear, crank the bars, and do a coil spacer up front and a 1.5" BL. You will still rub a bit, but it won't be near as bad.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:27 PM
METH SLURP

pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1

Originally Posted by anomaly
It will rub. You should not run that big of a body lift. Be prepared to move the radiator, steering colum etc. Go to 63" Chevy leaf springs in the rear, crank the bars, and do a coil spacer up front and a 1.5" BL. You will still rub a bit, but it won't be near as bad.
You say don't go with a 3" body lift, but you say crank the torsion bars?
Old 12-20-2005, 02:39 PM
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

lol thats what I was thinking. A 3" body lift is fine.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:17 PM
MVP Member

ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz

3 inch body is good. With lift lips and step bars you couldnt even tell

Quick Reply: How big can I go?