Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Help Installing Add-a-Leaf

Old 06-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these parts
Default Help Installing Add-a-Leaf

ok so i got the front part of my truck done today but i couldnt figure out how to do the back, i have an add-a-leaf with new centerpins but they are way longer than the stockers and i just couldnt figure out how to get them in with the leafs on, ive never installed one before so this is new to me, just wondering if anyone would be willing to lend a hand this weekend some time, i have some tools but i was at the hobby shop today so id prob need a place to do it as well.......willing to pay someone, dont want to ride around pre-runner style anymore.....thanks
Old 06-15-2007, 01:58 PM
PieceOfShitRedneck

BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco
Default Re: Help Installing Add-a-Leaf

cant help this wkend, but what i did was...

you have to take the leaf springs off the truck

heat the clips and bend them off.

replace the old leafs on the new center pin, and install the new leaf where it goes in the stack, according to length.

rehead the clips and bend them back on.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Registered Member

xp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these parts

heat up what clips????? today i took everything apart and once i got the axle lowered as far as it would go down with just the brake lines attached i didnt have enough room to get the new center pin into the perch and still get it to go through the new add-a-leaf, the overload and the other to leafs that i had c-clamped together......
Old 06-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

You have to take the leaf packs out (this is how most trucks are), un-clip them (if there are clips) some times you have to REMOVe a leafe, sometimes not-

Read your instructions.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:00 PM
git down on it

judge judge judge judge judge judge judge judge judge judge judge

Originally Posted by Kris.is.awesome
You have to take the leaf packs out (this is how most trucks are), un-clip them (if there are clips) some times you have to REMOVe a leafe, sometimes not-

Read your instructions.
wrong. take the leaf springs off the truck completely. put them on a bench. c-clamp on both sides of the center pin. undo the nut on one side. then hammer the bolt out. undo the c-clamps. put the add a leaf between the overload spring and the springs that are clamped together. push them back together with the c-clamps. then install the new center pin. take the clamps off. and vwaaallaaa. put the shit back on the truck. rinse lather and repeat. and ur done.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

ok well i guess ill give it another try again tommorrow at the hobby shop, i was really close but like i said i couldnt figure out how to get the dang center pin in, i guess ill have to take them right out, thanks
Old 06-16-2007, 05:36 AM

repsolman is an unknown quantity at this point

if you are willing to take a ride out to hampton tomorrow id be more then happy to help you i got all the toold and stuff needed to finish the lift on your truck. pm me if you need the help.. have a good one.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Registered Member

final product...

Old 06-16-2007, 02:02 PM
METH SLURP

pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1 pau1

nice. are you getting bigger tires?
Old 06-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

JS4KIKZ is an unknown quantity at this point