Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Got an XJ for FREE!! Ideas?

Old 04-13-2011, 05:31 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ChaserAero ChaserAero ChaserAero ChaserAero ChaserAero ChaserAero ChaserAero ChaserAero ChaserAero ChaserAero ChaserAero
Default Re: Got an XJ for FREE!! Ideas?

Without reading every post...nice Jeeps everyone and when I had mine, two of them, I had a budget boost with soft 8's and some nice tires. Daily Drove it for about a year and a half and took it to Greenridge, road trips, etc. and I loved every second of it. Will have another one.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:40 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Well give it to me and then you won't have any more problems.

I believe my buddy still has a 3in lift for these in his garage. I also have a set of 31x.12.50 boggers and 15x8 black d-window wheels I'll sell ya. The tires are about shot but you could use them for trail rides, goofing off in the mud or beach riding.

Or you could just give it to me
Old 04-13-2011, 06:04 AM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

Originally Posted by -JB-
I believe my buddy still has a 3in lift for these in his garage. I also have a set of 31x.12.50 boggers and 15x8 black d-window wheels I'll sell ya. The tires are about shot but you could use them for trail rides, goofing off in the mud or beach riding.

Or you could just give it to me
Exactly how bad are the tires?

I'll give it to you alright... and that god damned stink bug stalker you sent me in the mail. I have to fist fight that fucker every morning for the last cup of coffee out o' the pot. If I catch him in my womans pantie drawer again it will be your ass.

about the Harmonic balancer: i don't think its bad, its just the little rubber piece is coming out of it and hitting the fan...well, the fan is knocking chunks out of it. Problem? or just cut the rubber off with a box cutter and drive?
Old 04-13-2011, 06:08 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Originally Posted by FObangah
Exactly how bad are the tires?

I'll give it to you alright... and that god damned stink bug stalker you sent me in the mail. I have to fist fight that fucker every morning for the last cup of coffee out o' the pot. If I catch him in my womans pantie drawer again it will be your ass.

about the Harmonic balancer: i don't think its bad, its just the little rubber piece is coming out of it and hitting the fan...well, the fan is knocking chunks out of it. Problem? or just cut the rubber off with a box cutter and drive?
I told you I was sending a surprise to you. You'd better take care of him.

Two tires are about 40% tread. The other two basically shot. Middles worn out but lots of tread on the outsides. $200 for wheels/tires.

I'd fixed the harmonic balancer. Could throw off the motor enough to cause an issue. Cheap fix.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

use CL for wheels n tires. i got my outlaw2s and the 33x12.5 AT's with about 70% tread for $300 n i've seen better deals than that.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:03 PM
OCD Fag.

Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96

LOL. Your Explorer is sex though. Probably time to change the sig to "Fully 'BLOWN' 4.0 OHV v6" though. :P
Ain't got no blower on it though.. if that's what you mean.
Wish I did,.. but I don't

Edit -- now I get it, damn I'm dumb. It'll happen.. hopefully soon. I've got a Kenne Bell 2.2 but no way of mounting it; DOUBLE !!

Last edited by Brandons96; 04-13-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:19 AM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

Well, took care of the Harmonic balancer yesterday. Threw a new serp and fan clutch on there while under the dirty bastard. Runs so smooth now. Didn't know these 4.0's were such good runners
Old 04-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

Royal Durple Royal Durple Royal Durple Royal Durple Royal Durple Royal Durple Royal Durple Royal Durple Royal Durple Royal Durple Royal Durple

Is she a manual? Ill give ya 350 (:
Old 04-16-2011, 09:57 PM
Suzuki Fanboi

OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy

Well, took care of the Harmonic balancer yesterday. Threw a new serp and fan clutch on there while under the dirty bastard. Runs so smooth now. Didn't know these 4.0's were such good runners
4.0s are a damn good engine. Everything has its problems but the 4.0 is one of the best out there imo. I know mine gets the job done.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:55 PM
Registered member

VAe46 has a reputation beyond reputeVAe46 has a reputation beyond reputeVAe46 has a reputation beyond reputeVAe46 has a reputation beyond reputeVAe46 has a reputation beyond reputeVAe46 has a reputation beyond reputeVAe46 has a reputation beyond reputeVAe46 has a reputation beyond reputeVAe46 has a reputation beyond reputeVAe46 has a reputation beyond reputeVAe46 has a reputation beyond repute

Going off of what you said, I would probably do a budget boost of some sort with some 31 or 32 inch tires. Maybe throw yourself some heavy duty bumpers on there in case you decide to have a great time and run into something haha. But in all seriousness, an XJ can look great without doing a whole lot to it...budget boost, tires, and some other cosmetic stuff and your good to go. Looks good, post pics as you do stuff to it.

Quick Reply: Got an XJ for FREE!! Ideas?