Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

going crazy

Old 10-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mightywhitey has disabled reputation
Default going crazy

so i just picked up a 87 silverado with a newer fuel injected 350. i just did a full tune up on the bitch but the engine likes to stall. whenever i reverse, the truck acts like its about to cut off all the time and half the time it does. i had the modulator tested and they said it was fine. does anyone have any idea of what it can be? its driving me insane
Old 10-13-2007, 03:55 PM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck
Default Re: going crazy

vacumme leak maybe . . check the hoses . . take a can of carb cleaner or starting fluid . . . check base of tbi . . all around intake . . vacumme hoses . . . .see if it picks up speed . .
Old 10-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Registered Member

mightywhitey has disabled reputation
Angry Re: going crazy

yea all the hoses look fine and no hissing. i doubt its buildup on the heads or intake cuz it only does it in reverse and it idles fine. i took all the anti-pollution pumps and shit off and put headers on there and got like 2 hook ups that dont go to anything now. plus to make it worse the bitch doesn't like to start anymore. the battery reads like 12.10 volts but wont start. im startin to reach for the for sale sign here soon
Old 10-13-2007, 05:09 PM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

thought you said was doing it alot . . in drive . . at idle stuff like that
Old 10-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

http://autorepair.about.com/library/faqs/bl930a.htm

maybe?
Old 10-14-2007, 04:20 AM
Hannibal bitches

greencoug greencoug greencoug greencoug greencoug greencoug greencoug greencoug greencoug greencoug greencoug

Originally Posted by mightywhitey
yea all the hoses look fine and no hissing. i doubt its buildup on the heads or intake cuz it only does it in reverse and it idles fine. i took all the anti-pollution pumps and shit off and put headers on there and got like 2 hook ups that dont go to anything now. plus to make it worse the bitch doesn't like to start anymore. the battery reads like 12.10 volts but wont start. im startin to reach for the for sale sign here soon
It doesn't matter what voltage the batt is putting out nearly as much as the amount of amps it is working with. Take it to advance to test the battery. You might want to try to cap off those hook-ups with something, those might be important.