Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

coil spring question?

Old 08-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns
Default coil spring question?

does anyone no of a coil spring that would work on a jeep cherokee (other than a jeep) like an old ford coil that would be the same size or damn close to it?
Old 08-26-2008, 12:37 PM
A.K.A Slowintegra92

VADA9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: coil spring question?

Just call up OLD MAN EMU...they have a website. They sell almost every coil spring and weight/duty you could ever need and make great products. They are well priced too...also check out quadratec.com they sell just different size Jeep coils as well.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:21 PM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

xj springs are like 150 -180 lb/inch . . . . alot of the old fords were around 400 - 450 lbs/inch would give ya a hard ride . . but as far as bolting up i beleive f150's are about the same diameter . . why do you not want xj coils?
Old 08-26-2008, 06:50 PM
Registered member

gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns

ive got 10inches now but i want 12 or 13 but cant find coils over 9 for a cherokee so if i find somthing with the same size coil maybe i will have more options.... but i didnt think about the weight ratio diffrence.. thats a good point
Old 08-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

lift kit?
Old 08-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Registered member

slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx

Originally Posted by gotturns
ive got 10inches now but i want 12 or 13 but cant find coils over 9 for a cherokee so if i find somthing with the same size coil maybe i will have more options.... but i didnt think about the weight ratio diffrence.. thats a good point
King coils would work well. I don't know many coils that go over 9-10 inches. Esp for an F150. But those will work.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:22 AM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

well i've seen it before . . .why not run a 9 inch coil with a 3 inch coil spacers .. . and your drive angles gotta be shitty with that kinda lift on a xj
Old 08-27-2008, 05:28 AM
Registered member

ive got an 8inch lift with a two inch spacer in the front but thats y im looking for a 10 at least if i ca \n find a twelve id like to get rid of the spacer
Old 08-27-2008, 05:18 PM
just a little 4x4

Originally Posted by gotturns
ive got an 8inch lift with a two inch spacer in the front but thats y im looking for a 10 at least if i ca \n find a twelve id like to get rid of the spacer
there are a couple companies that make custom coils but once you get so tall with em they start to try and kick out and stuff . . . if ya got the money why not go with coil over like king coils or something . .
Old 08-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Slow ass car

Mongoose87 has disabled reputation

Why would you ever need that much lift? Is this just for mud?

Quick Reply: coil spring question?