Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

chevy lift opinion

Old 06-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mightywhitey has disabled reputation
Default chevy lift opinion

i got a 87 chevy longbed 1/2 ton. i want to lift it 6 inches with suspension and 3 body for 9 inches. does anybody know any good brands out for the suspension? i heard tuff and rough country aint worth shit, so id like to hear some opinions thanks in advance
Old 06-24-2007, 04:34 PM

tatmonster has disabled reputation
Default Re: chevy lift opinion

ive got a rough country 6 inch on my 86 scottsdale. it rides stiff in the front. i like it. no complaints from me. pic is in my profile. 35x12.50s
Old 06-24-2007, 04:44 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by mightywhitey
i got a 87 chevy longbed 1/2 ton. i want to lift it 6 inches with suspension and 3 body for 9 inches. does anybody know any good brands out for the suspension? i heard tuff and rough country aint worth shit, so id like to hear some opinions thanks in advance
whiplash suspensions. get the 10" or 12" suspension lift and call it a day...no need for the body lift!http://www.wholesalesuspensionoutlet...ion_chevy.html
Old 06-24-2007, 04:45 PM
EVIL-LS1

mopar#1 has disabled reputation

I had a 10" skyjacker on a 87 Shortbed and I liked skyjacker
Old 06-24-2007, 04:49 PM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

my truck has 4 inch rough country and 3 inch body . . . . seemed to ride better then stock . . lol . . I like rough country . . . not bad . . cheap and decent . . don't think ya can mess up leaf spring lifts that much . . my buddy had a tuff country on his durango and bent the upper control arm lowering brackets . . they were just bent around and tack welded . . so he called em up and got them to send him a new set so I took and fully welded em . .
other then that . . I was looking at superlifts and skyjacker . . .
Old 06-24-2007, 04:53 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

procomp makes a nice lift as well. i had one on my 93 z71
Old 06-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Registered Member

mightywhitey has disabled reputation

thanks to all and yea i would love to go 10 or 12 inches but this is goin to be my other daily driver along with my yota on 35's lol. i got a 10 in front and rear :-(. im thinkin i should at least up-grade to a 3/4 front and 1 ton rear, i really dont want to break anything on the stock 10 bolts runnin at least 35s lol any other suggestions on axles?
Old 06-24-2007, 05:00 PM
corona connessuer

thanks to all and yea i would love to go 10 or 12 inches but this is goin to be my other daily driver along with my yota on 35's lol. i got a 10 in front and rear :-(. im thinkin i should at least up-grade to a 3/4 front and 1 ton rear, i really dont want to break anything on the stock 10 bolts runnin at least 35s lol any other suggestions on axles?
10-12" lift and id be running at least 38s
Old 06-24-2007, 05:29 PM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

35's? . . . can clear them stock or just with a 4 inch . . . I only got 7 and a little cutting and got them 44's on there . . lol
Old 06-25-2007, 08:29 AM

tatmonster has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ChevyMudtruck
35's? . . . can clear them stock or just with a 4 inch . . . I only got 7 and a little cutting and got them 44's on there . . lol
7 inches isnt enough in my personal opinion for 44s, but thats what you like, so im not knocking that, im just saying i would want to clear them with just lift. i had 38s with 6 inch lift on mine and i hated how it looked. ive never seen one clear 35s stock, lol.

Quick Reply: chevy lift opinion