Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

axle wrap much?

Old 01-09-2008, 05:00 PM
PieceOfShitRedneck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco
Default Re: axle wrap much?

Originally Posted by cootees
you need some exhaust.
It would make that truck soooo much more street legal lol
Old 01-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

tenacious has disabled reputation

DAMN. Hopefully you can get your ladder system going fast.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:29 PM
taller than rice

zford is an unknown quantity at this point

haha holy shit sam litlle bit of wrap yeah think u need ur ladder bars set up like now
Old 01-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Registered Member

xp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these parts

idk if ladder bars are going to be enought considering you didnt even touch the gas.........
Old 01-11-2008, 02:31 AM

tatmonster has disabled reputation

I cant believe anyone expected any different with those puny ass possibly 1 ton springs. They are stacked like a bitch anyways. those leafs would be the next swap out item for me atleast. Like said above, Dunno if ladder bars are gonna take all that.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:48 AM
S-T-F-U

Brycerb Brycerb

You just need more springs. I have a couple of those Trucks gone Wild movies and they are running outrageous HP, gearing, and tires. They just run crazy lifts and some ladder bars. Just get a 20" lift and those suckers will be so stiff you wouldn't be able to flex them, the ladder bars will just help out went you really get on it.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Brycerb
You just need more springs. I have a couple of those Trucks gone Wild movies and they are running outrageous HP, gearing, and tires. They just run crazy lifts and some ladder bars. Just get a 20" lift and those suckers will be so stiff you wouldn't be able to flex them, the ladder bars will just help out went you really get on it.
Thats what i was thinking.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:17 AM
1505/2000

execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon

i always like seeing the pics and process of this build. you should really try and keep it all in one thread so all your build informaton is in one place. it's be easy to see the transformation of this big ass truck, just a thought.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:22 AM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

the way i'm gonna build the ladder bar the springs will have nothing to do but to spring, the ladder bars will position the axle and keep it from twisting. . and eventually i can just throw the leafs out and run coils or coil overs or torsion bars. . ....i'm not making any puny ladder bars or store bought ones. . .they are gonna be about 5 feet long and i'm using torque arms off semi trucks. . they have one per axle when they use a walker and leaf spring (which the leaf just rides on the top no eyes on it) the eye is about 4 inches across with an 1 & 1/8th bolt
only other thing i may have to add is a panhard bar to keep it centered left and right

here is a some of the pics of my junk i've collected

if you can run 4 link like this (which was pulled form the monster truck tech 101 site and there was a jeep in one of the mags a couple years ago running the setup) i don't know why you would wanna run leafs with a 4 link buy hey to each there own . . . but you see drag cars running ladders with coils and 3 links with coils and 4 link with coils so they all do basically the same operation . . hold the axle in place and keep it from twisting

here is a modified picture of what i'm gonna do

the reason for the shackle on either in because the ladder bar will hold the axle in place and when the spring compresses it will compress only to the shackle side and will either tear the center bolt out of the spring or the solid mount off the frame. . . because the 1 & 1/8th hardend bolt on the ladder bar isn't gonna give

and my build is on a couple sites all togeather however just never posted here . . . . most people have never built anything like this monstrousity and do not have even a clue about it . . like when i posted the bigger axles I use to have people were saying they were 2.5 tons
Old 01-11-2008, 08:54 AM

very nice, that ladder bar setup is gonna be sick.

Quick Reply: axle wrap much?