Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Anyone ever do a body lift on a Yota?

Old 04-04-2005, 06:30 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts
Default Anyone ever do a body lift on a Yota?

I have a 3" body lift I want to put on my 88, but I'm kinda unconfident due to the fabrication I have to do to the steering column. If anyone has a good write up or know an easy way to do it that would help alot. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:23 AM
follow me if you can

bigd0915 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone ever do a body lift on a Yota?

you need the firewall plate, a steering column extender. and thats about it.

i actually have a full allmost brand new body lift, including all the brackets (bumper lift brackets, steering linkage extention, firewall plate, longer body mount bolts, radiator relocation brackets (i think( and everything.

you can have it for 75.00

when you do the body lift you have to make sure all your throttle cables and things like that are not stressed, pretty much check all the wiring under the hood.
if you want also im sure we could do if for ya. just let me know.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Registered Member

H23Lude9 has disabled reputation

i just did a PA 3" body lift on a 98 taco prerunner 2x4 i know exactly what to do if they are similar! its not that hard only if you dont know what you are doing. post up if you have any questions. Do you drive a auto or manuel. manuel are lil more complicated.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:20 AM
follow me if you can

Originally Posted by H23Lude9
i just did a PA 3" body lift on a 98 taco prerunner 2x4 i know exactly what to do if they are similar! its not that hard only if you dont know what you are doing. post up if you have any questions. Do you drive a auto or manuel. manuel are lil more complicated.
big difference in the two.

you have rack and pinion steering. linkage is different.

also the tranny linkage is different.

also i forgot to mention that focalx. if you have a std tranny the shifters need to be cut and lengthened. ( you dont just add a long piece at the end), to do it proper you need to cut it right above the "ball" and instert a rod in there. both the 4wd selector and the gear selector.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:27 PM
HUH??

1badyota is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bigd0915
big difference in the two.

you have rack and pinion steering. linkage is different.

also the tranny linkage is different.

also i forgot to mention that focalx. if you have a std tranny the shifters need to be cut and lengthened. ( you dont just add a long piece at the end), to do it proper you need to cut it right above the "ball" and instert a rod in there. both the 4wd selector and the gear selector.

he is right, its not bad once you get into
Old 04-04-2005, 03:32 PM

ryan98contour is an unknown quantity at this point

How much would it cost for a 3 inch body lift for a 2001. I am curious as to how much that would be added on to the suspension.Thanks
Old 04-04-2005, 03:34 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

i did mine...took me like 5-6 hours by myself.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:51 PM

ryan98contour is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nates95Accord
i did mine...took me like 5-6 hours by myself.
How much did it cost you?
Old 04-05-2005, 09:27 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by bigd0915
you need the firewall plate, a steering column extender. and thats about it.

i actually have a full allmost brand new body lift, including all the brackets (bumper lift brackets, steering linkage extention, firewall plate, longer body mount bolts, radiator relocation brackets (i think( and everything.

you can have it for 75.00

when you do the body lift you have to make sure all your throttle cables and things like that are not stressed, pretty much check all the wiring under the hood.
if you want also im sure we could do if for ya. just let me know.
Well, I bought the whole kit that was suppose to have everything included and it didnt come with a steering extension, just came with instructions on how to fabricate your current steering shaft to get it to work. I didnt get a firewall plate either. How much would you charge me to give me a hand?
Old 04-05-2005, 10:31 AM
follow me if you can

Originally Posted by Focal X
Well, I bought the whole kit that was suppose to have everything included and it didnt come with a steering extension, just came with instructions on how to fabricate your current steering shaft to get it to work. I didnt get a firewall plate either. How much would you charge me to give me a hand?
this reminds me of a sign i once saw, "oil change: 25.00 Oil change with you watching: 100.00"

take a picture of what you got, is it just the pucks? did you get any relocation brackets, for the bumper/radiator? any bolts?

/d

Quick Reply: Anyone ever do a body lift on a Yota?