VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   NOVA/DC/MD (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/nova-dc-md-16/)
-   -   Should I report this PWC cop? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/nova-dc-md-16/should-i-report-pwc-cop-311339/)

Lord Humongous 09-21-2009 05:22 PM

Re: Should I report this PWC cop?

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 5655465)
O alright. Yea I figured everything was by the books. Even though I'm still suspect of them searching through my backpack!

You shouldn't be.

z31kid 09-21-2009 05:25 PM

happened to me before also in the landings across from the philazo building..yeah i and a few family members of mine fit the description of some people that robbed the pizza man...yeah they tried to bust in where some of my family members stayed and everything...we were put in a field line up and were identified by the victim as not the ones that did it...def is not cool at all..

ravenracer 09-21-2009 05:39 PM

Nothing wrong, common protocol. cops can put you in handcuffs for yours and their own safety.

z31kid 09-21-2009 05:52 PM

^^^^yeah ur right but i think the thought of being detained or police running up on someone does give them a scare tho

YellowBanshee 09-21-2009 06:00 PM

yeah... reporting police for misconduct..... doesn't work...

6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 09-21-2009 06:01 PM

Hoverbikes?

bos74211 09-21-2009 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 5654948)
So today I'm on my motorcycle heading to the gym. Im wearing gym shorts, beater, and gloves, backpack, and helmet (yes I know lil gear, gym is like 1.5miles away). Anyways as soon as Im bout to get on the main street that runs from my house all these cops fly by and go into my neighborhood. I look back to see if they go to my street but they keep going.

Anyways I proceed to gym. I'm cruising and I decide to pass a car. I pass the car and get back in the right lane. Out of nowhere a cop comes and pulls me over. I'm like ARGGHH the moment I passed he was there. Anyways I pull over, take off the helmet. And I'm trying to get my backpack off to get my license I have inside.

Cop rolls up. Meets me as I get off the bike and HANDCUFFS me. I'm like WTF this is a little much for speeding. He then says a burglary happened down my street and I matched the description (Im assuming young black male). He then puts me in the car and asks for my license. I tell him its in my backpack. He goes through and gets it. He was like your coming from that direction (duh I live there) and I saw you weaving through traffic (I passed one car) as if you were evading.

Another cop shows up and they talk blah blah blah. They get the witness or victim who comes to the scene and states its not me (thank GOD I know some people think all black people look alike). They let me go.

My questions are:
1. Are they just allowed to through the cuffs on so quick?
2. Did they have the right to go through my backpack like that? I never gave permission and I couldnt get it while cuffed.

I have his business card. Not sure if Im going to report. Sorry if this got long. Tried to give all the details.

all u can do is let it go.cops can do whateva they want.u think you got problems now.report one an see what happens.im tellin you from experience dawg.

kevsz32 09-21-2009 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 5654948)
My questions are:
1. Are they just allowed to through the cuffs on so quick?
2. Did they have the right to go through my backpack like that? I never gave permission and I couldnt get it while cuffed.

yes they can. at that point you wer considered under areest..so you dont have a say on what they can search...same deal with your car..if your not inm handcuffs..they cant do shit..if you are areested, they have the right (legally) to go thru your car and search for anything. best thing to do would to comply with the orders.

team703 09-21-2009 06:26 PM

Damn, Everytime this happens to me the cops are cool and don't search me, Must be a race thing............................................. .........................

J/K

6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 09-21-2009 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by bos74211 (Post 5655751)
all u can do is let it go.cops can do whateva they want.u think you got problems now.report one an see what happens.im tellin you from experience dawg.

ublack.

Originally Posted by kevsz32 (Post 5655775)
yes they can. at that point you wer considered under areest..so you dont have a say on what they can search...same deal with your car..if your not inm handcuffs..they cant do shit..if you are areested, they have the right (legally) to go thru your car and search for anything. best thing to do would to comply with the orders.

udrunk.