Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

NOVA Auto Classes

Old 02-27-2008, 12:01 PM
1.6L Elitist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts
Default NOVA Auto Classes

So... I was just browsing the NOVA site looking for fun classes to take (welding, auto, etc) as a hobby. I found out that their classes are located very close to where I work and they are pretty cheap. Has anyone taken these classes? Are they worth the time? Also, to what extent do you get access to the auto shop?
Old 02-27-2008, 01:05 PM
Registered Member

elements018 has disabled reputation
Default Re: NOVA Auto Classes

is there actually welding class? when i tried looking, all i could find was a welding class that was for autobody
Old 02-27-2008, 03:01 PM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by elements018
is there actually welding class? when i tried looking, all i could find was a welding class that was for autobody
Go to the catalog.. .theres all kinds of non-autobody welding.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Registered Member

Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86

they have all sorts of welding classes. If you follow the curriculum, you can get a certification in welding technology.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:11 PM
the dude

LBizBoy is a splendid one to beholdLBizBoy is a splendid one to beholdLBizBoy is a splendid one to beholdLBizBoy is a splendid one to beholdLBizBoy is a splendid one to beholdLBizBoy is a splendid one to beholdLBizBoy is a splendid one to behold

the manassas campus welding program is awesome. Not sure if it has changed any since one of the lead instructors passed away.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:24 PM
1.6L Elitist

Yeah I really wanted to take welding but I can really only get to the Alexandria location which offers automotive classes.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:05 PM
O_O

Specialedxl has disabled reputation

Do it. Some of the teachers are very cool and know an extreme amount about what there teaching, but like any place there are a couple crappy teachers that make you never wanna go back to classd again.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:59 PM

*NX* has disabled reputation

The Loudoun campus is very limited as to what you can take for "cool" classes. I haven't looked at the catalogue in over 2 years, since I've been in automotive school elsewhere. But obviously it doesn't sound like you're looking at the Loudoun campus anyways.

BTW try bowling at the Loudoun Campus. Best class I've taken in my life, EVER.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:24 AM
Keeping It Real !!

ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer

Originally Posted by *NX*
The Loudoun campus is very limited as to what you can take for "cool" classes. I haven't looked at the catalogue in over 2 years, since I've been in automotive school elsewhere. But obviously it doesn't sound like you're looking at the Loudoun campus anyways.

BTW try bowling at the Loudoun Campus. Best class I've taken in my life, EVER.
Bowling FTW!!!!
Manassas For car classes.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Registered Member

Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86

Originally Posted by LBizBoy
the manassas campus welding program is awesome. Not sure if it has changed any since one of the lead instructors passed away.
Was it Bob or Kenny?? When did this happen?

Quick Reply: NOVA Auto Classes