Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

new to the area, looking for strips and n2o laws

Old 08-23-2005, 02:23 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
steronz steronz steronz steronz steronz
Default new to the area, looking for strips and n2o laws

i just transfered here and was wondering about those 2 things. what are the good 1/4 mile strips in DC area, and what are the DC/MD/VA laws on nitrous. in nebraska and iowa, it was allowed to be installed and the bottle opened, but not used on the streets. in ohio, the bottle had to be closed. i don't want to get busted for just driving around with the bottle in, and it's easier to ask here than read through three sets of lawbooks.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:56 PM
Hello Novian

bolivianfuego has disabled reputation
Default Re: new to the area, looking for strips and n2o laws

I believe your allowed to have a bottle back there but it cant be connected, either that or it cant be opened. I forget one or the other. LOL

But a good track, IMO the best one is MIR. Maryland International Raceway.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:46 PM
Stop this

Quick Hatch is an unknown quantity at this point

i never had a problem with nitrous... ive been pulled over many times with nitrous hooked up ready to go.... "bottle open" Cops didnt really care.. i even asked a cop down here in sposty what the law was his remarks "I dont know, i think its you can have the bottle in your car.... shit i dont even care"

but then again... how many times you been pulled over and the cop ask you to pop your trunk or hood?
Old 08-23-2005, 05:53 PM
Registered Member

steronz steronz steronz steronz steronz

Originally Posted by Quick Hatch
but then again... how many times you been pulled over and the cop ask you to pop your trunk or hood?
never, but it's kind of hard to hide in a half-gutted CRX. plus i'm paranoid but it sounds like it's not a hot button issue here, which is good.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:05 PM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

The police will be gay to you here. I'm not sure if anyone has told you, but FFX county police are notorious for being the biggest assholes EVER. You will get a ticket for exhaust, you will get one for suspension, and if they see a nitrous bottle perched in your trunk, be damn sure that they'll try to find a way to get you for it. I'm just trying to be frank with you, FFX cops do not fuck around.

Best tracks.. hmm 1/4 the best tracks are probably MIR, and I think that there is a decent one in Richmond. There is a decent 1/8 mile track out in Manassas as well.

BTW, welcome to the area. NoVA is a nice place to live
Old 08-23-2005, 06:21 PM
Stop this

Quick Hatch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IAm-Topik
The police will be gay to you here. I'm not sure if anyone has told you, but FFX county police are notorious for being the biggest assholes EVER. You will get a ticket for exhaust, you will get one for suspension, and if they see a nitrous bottle perched in your trunk, be damn sure that they'll try to find a way to get you for it. I'm just trying to be frank with you, FFX cops do not fuck around.

Best tracks.. hmm 1/4 the best tracks are probably MIR, and I think that there is a decent one in Richmond. There is a decent 1/8 mile track out in Manassas as well.

BTW, welcome to the area. NoVA is a nice place to live

FFX cops are dicks... watch out for real !!

and NoVA is only a nice place to live if you like sitting in traffic every day a 5...
Old 08-23-2005, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

jdmh22a is infamous around these partsjdmh22a is infamous around these partsjdmh22a is infamous around these partsjdmh22a is infamous around these partsjdmh22a is infamous around these partsjdmh22a is infamous around these partsjdmh22a is infamous around these partsjdmh22a is infamous around these partsjdmh22a is infamous around these partsjdmh22a is infamous around these partsjdmh22a is infamous around these parts

MIR is a good track and yes i have been in the car with my friend 2 times when he has got a NOS ticket they were $400 just make sure it is not hooked up they can not give u a ticket unless it is hooked up
Old 08-23-2005, 06:42 PM
Ghetty Green

J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30

you can have it but you just can't have the hose going from the bottle to the engine bay. Hope that helps
Old 08-23-2005, 06:47 PM
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation

Welcome to NOVA. The best track is Maryland International Raceway, which is typically an hour or so from most NOVA locations. Old Dominion Speedway in Manassas is a decent 1/8 mile track.

Coming from the Midwest, you will grow to hate the traffic within your first week. It looks like your military. If I were you, I would use your military perks of getting out of state plates legitmately. It will save you a lot of hassle with the local police, as they don't care too much about out of state registered vehicles.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:49 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

Originally Posted by steronz
never, but it's kind of hard to hide in a half-gutted CRX. plus i'm paranoid but it sounds like it's not a hot button issue here, which is good.
if you live in fairfax county, take it out

Quick Reply: new to the area, looking for strips and n2o laws