Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Most Common Radar Band in NOVA

Old 11-14-2007, 11:19 AM
smuggling grapes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O
Default Re: Most Common Radar Band in NOVA

Originally Posted by iraj
for you fuckin retards that swear they know everything, IT IS TYPED UP BY A STATE TROOPER ON MY FUCKING TICKET S-BAND, you guys seriously act like you know everything, bunch of bitches
did you get mailed the ticket? Otherwise...I didn't know cops/troopers typed tickets up.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:21 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by iraj
for you fuckin retards that swear they know everything, IT IS TYPED UP BY A STATE TROOPER ON MY FUCKING TICKET S-BAND, you guys seriously act like you know everything, bunch of bitches
And we're telling you that Police only use 3 types of radar, X, K and Ka and laser.

Unless he paced you and S is for speed...
Old 11-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Registered Member

iraj has disabled reputation

no he actually sat in his car and typed up the ticket, even my lawyer was surprised so see a typed up ticket, but i do know a few sheriffs that came to my job asking for a portable printer for that purpose, and THE ONLY REASON I WAS SPEEDING WAS because of a very serious emergency,tried to rush home before the ambulance arrived, I never speed and thats the only time i did and boom busted, and i coulda swore the same shit, becuase i have never heard of s radar and when i came home i tried looking it up everywhere on the net and couldnt find shit about it so maybe it was a typo just like the 4 other typos he had on the paper

but neyways there are many hotspots cops stay at, during certain times and i was just trying to get people to list the hot spots so other people can be on the look out for em

Last edited by iraj; 11-14-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Quick Shifts

ISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond repute

I just got hit by a r band in my house...

I looked it up to see what the heck it was... apparently its rubber...
Old 11-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

He probably caught you with his Gaydar.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Registered Member

dsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond repute

FYI Radar Newbs:

The majority of Fairfax County and all of Arlington for the most part use Laser. Which is instant on, meaning that that they actually shoot a laser beam at your car, unlike old school radar where they just leave it on and wait for you to pass through the trap. Laser is hard to detect unless you have traffic infront of you going through the radar trap. Some of the other bands are still used in NOVA like K or Ka, but mostly on main highways like 66 or 28 where there is a high volume of traffic.

Now as far as detectors go, the V1 is awesome and is still regarded as the champ in the world of radar detectors, however it can be detected by the police with a device called a spectre radar detector detector. There is only ONE radar detector that is not detectable by spectre, the BEL STI Driver. I think if I had to do it over again, I would pick up an STI.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:43 PM
executive member

Turbobrick Turbobrick

^x2 to everything he said.

FFX=KA, but used more laser than radar
VSP=KA and more laser of late uses alot more laser though. Loudoun=mostly K and KA, some laser
PWC=K, KA, laser
Arlington=almost all laser, some KA.

Last edited by Turbobrick; 11-14-2007 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Jedi Grand Master

94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of94 SN4KE has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by naMfOrelliK
did you get mailed the ticket? Otherwise...I didn't know cops/troopers typed tickets up.
The last state trooper i had to deal with had a printer in his cruiser. Not sure if all of them have it, but he did when i was rear ended and he printed me a ticket for not having my registration on me
Old 11-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Keeping It Real !!

ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer

Originally Posted by dsmSPYDER
FYI Radar Newbs:

The majority of Fairfax County and all of Arlington for the most part use Laser. Which is instant on, meaning that that they actually shoot a laser beam at your car, unlike old school radar where they just leave it on and wait for you to pass through the trap. Laser is hard to detect unless you have traffic infront of you going through the radar trap. Some of the other bands are still used in NOVA like K or Ka, but mostly on main highways like 66 or 28 where there is a high volume of traffic.

Now as far as detectors go, the V1 is awesome and is still regarded as the champ in the world of radar detectors, however it can be detected by the police with a device called a spectre radar detector detector. There is only ONE radar detector that is not detectable by spectre, the BEL STI Driver. I think if I had to do it over again, I would pick up an STI.
and the BEL with a price tag for 400 bucks lol
Old 11-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Registered Member

Accentman07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by recz0r
Ill be the first to say your a fucking retard for going 89 mph in nova anyway let alone on 28, DIAF thxbye.
Oh and S band stands for stupid, because thats what you are.
some of you fucknig assholes act like you don't speed either. so stfu.

Quick Reply: Most Common Radar Band in NOVA