Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

hit and run..HELP

Old 06-02-2004, 05:51 PM
funkbishes gethoney!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
intialEK4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default hit and run..HELP

so today i was on old dominon in McLean and as i was driving a huge SUV pulls out and hits my drivers side front end and runs me off the road...

my bumper falls into pieces and my headlights are fucked....as i got outta the car to get my bumper the driver stops then dips out...(DUMBEST DRIVER ALIVE) the person hits me and dips out but they hit me as they were pulling out of the drive way..so i know where they live...(sounds complicated but its not my fault..witnesses)

so i called the cops and he gave me a case number...what i need help with is...do i do what the cop says..(report this to my insurance and give them the case number) or do i wait for the person who hit me to contact me?

im worried about my insurance going up and me gettin screwed over

sorry im just stressin a lot of things...i know i wrote a lot of jibberish
Old 06-02-2004, 05:54 PM
T3T04E

RSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud of
Default Re: hit and run..HELP

Originally Posted by intialEK4
so today i was on old dominon in McLean and as i was driving a huge SUV pulls out and hits my drivers side front end and runs me off the road...

my bumper falls into pieces and my headlights are fucked....as i got outta the car to get my bumper the driver stops then dips out...(DUMBEST DRIVER ALIVE) the person hits me and dips out but they hit me as they were pulling out of the drive way..so i know where they live...(sounds complicated but its not my fault..witnesses)

so i called the cops and he gave me a case number...what i need help with is...do i do what the cop says..(report this to my insurance and give them the case number) or do i wait for the person who hit me to contact me?

im worried about my insurance going up and me gettin screwed over

sorry im just stressin a lot of things...i know i wrote a lot of jibberish
Give the guy some time and hopefulyl he'll contact you. If not, then you can use that against him when you press charges . Hit and run is a serious offense, so if you work it right then you'll get compensated in the end.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:57 PM
funkbishes gethoney!

well see the cop said he was gonna stop by the persons house...but i doubt he will...

the cop said i should call my insurance right away but i dunno im really worried about my insurance
Old 06-02-2004, 05:59 PM
T3T04E

RSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud of

well see the cop said he was gonna stop by the persons house...but i doubt he will...

the cop said i should call my insurance right away but i dunno im really worried about my insurance
It shouldn't go up, but if it does then your insurance company is trying to screw you over.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:00 PM
funkbishes gethoney!

as of now...if i report it to my insurance....my insurance would be paying for the costs right?
Old 06-02-2004, 06:16 PM
T3T04E

as of now...if i report it to my insurance....my insurance would be paying for the costs right?
That's right! If not then you'll be working extra hours .

But hey, when are you starting?
Old 06-02-2004, 06:42 PM
go topless.

BillMW has disabled reputation

Call everyone involved. Call every day. Be persistent, especially with the person who hit you. They are responsible for the damage and your insurance company may help you out with resolving this quicker because they don't want to pay for it. Nag. Bitch. Whine. People have a tendency to avoid conflict at all costs. Good luck.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:42 PM
JT9-D

ToyRolla has disabled reputation

The person who hit you needs to call THEIR insurance. Don't call yours unless you absolutely have to.

It was a hit and run. Since you know where they supposedly live, you have the upper hand. They can get charged with leaving the scene of an accident as well. Call the Police back and tell them to do their thing and make the other party pay for it as well.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:12 PM
Eat Out

ALL IN has disabled reputation

Old 06-02-2004, 08:16 PM
Eat Out

ALL IN has disabled reputation

Why the fuck would your insurance go up if it wasn't your fault? Do you have full coverage or just liability? Who's your insurance company? Was it a FFX county officer or state trooper?

Quick Reply: hit and run..HELP