Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Fairfax Co. Officer Accidentally Shoots, Kills Man :hope he rots in jail

Old 01-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
google is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fairfax Co. Officer Accidentally Shoots, Kills Man :hope he rots in jail

http://www.nbc4.com/news/6417499/detail.html

Fairfax Co. Officer Accidentally Shoots, Kills Man
Police: Investigators Serving Warrant When Officer's Gun Discharged

POSTED: 11:57 pm EST January 24, 2006
UPDATED: 7:11 pm EST January 25, 2006

FAIRFAX, Va. -- Police officials in Fairfax County say one of their officers accidentally shot and killed a man late Tuesday night in the 11600 block of Cavalier Landing Court in Fairfax.

A police spokesman said a tactical officer was taking part in an investigation inside a sport utility vehicle when the shooting happened.

At about 9:35 p.m. Tuesday night, police were serving a search warrant in an investigation of an illegal gambling operation. The target of the investigation, Salvatore Culosi, 37, was outside the residence as members of the tactical unit approached, police said. One officer's handgun unintentionally discharged.

The bullet hit Culosi in the upper body. Police said he received immediate medical care and was transported to Inova Fairfax Hospital where he later died.

"On behalf of the Fairfax County Police Department and myself, I wish to express our condolences and sincere sympathy to Mr. Culosi's family and friends," said Fairfax Police Chief David M. Rohrer in a statement issued Wednesday. "We also acknowledge and accept that we have a responsibility to Mr. Culosi's family, to the community and to our officers to conduct a comprehensive, balanced and fair investigation, and we are committed to performing that responsibility. I pledge that we will fully review, as always, our policies, practices, and this operation in detail."

Rohrer said the officer, a 17-year veteran of the department and 7-year member of the tactical unit, is on routine administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:20 PM
dont wuurry

RightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fairfax Co. Officer Accidentally Shoots, Kills Man :hope he rots in jail

you know whats funny about this, well i shouldnt say "funny". I learned from many officers and upper level shooters i have trained and met with, even investigators that attended my saftey courses. they all said ther is no sch this as a gun going off unintentionally or accidently. its not physically impossible with todays pistols. esp not the glock that he wa probably carrying. he was either under trainded and activly had his finger on the trgger or he meant to do it and fairfax is now tryoing to cover it up
Old 01-25-2006, 04:58 PM
emo destroyer

dabomb156 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fairfax Co. Officer Accidentally Shoots, Kills Man :hope he rots in jail

^ yea, he should've had the safety tab on. I mean really, why would a gun be loaded and ready to fire at some poker game?
Old 01-25-2006, 05:07 PM
dont wuurry

RightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dabomb156
^ yea, he should've had the safety tab on. I mean really, why would a gun be loaded and ready to fire at some poker game?

the fuck are you talking about....there is no "saftey tab" to be on, you have to comress the saftey lever on the trigger. im sure thats what you mean. and it wasnt a memebres it was a bust i think that had drub and illeagal gambling relations so they have to expect anything however all officers and military are trained to keep thir finger stright to reduce the shock and accidently shoot something that is safe...thats kinda hard to explain
Old 01-25-2006, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

suadi's gto has disabled reputation

The cops needs to put their point finger at the side of the trigger, NOT on in front of the trigger (ready to shot position) if the person does not have any weapon/s on their hands.

So this kind of thing should NOT happen. He should know this kind of stuff!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 06:44 PM
Amy

ImportAngel is an unknown quantity at this point

Another perfect example. It's like cops chasing hondas up and down rt. 50 all day. Are there not women (mostly) being raped, kids being kidnapped before our very eyes (I mean go to walmart and you see all those faces stapled to the exit wall), and illegals to chase? And our finest is worried that someone is making gas money for the week at some crazy poker game? I mean granted, I'm sure that alot of money was involved, but damn......when will someone of authority put their freaken foot down and say "LETS MAKE A DIFFERNCE OUT THERE".... Prayers for the family! I hope this family milks them for every penny. After all, I'm sure they will try the case in their new $500 million addition to the court house...
Old 01-25-2006, 08:54 PM
JRT>JDM

ScampaDawg87 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a feeling the cop will remain on duty after this is all said and done. Always seems to work out that way when it comes to police officers making mistakes. Meanwhile, you'd get fired for making a far less serious mistake in your own field of work. I hope the family sues their asses off.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:28 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

no gun accidently discharges, its called a cop being trigger happy
Old 01-26-2006, 04:53 AM
Registered Member

Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost

That bitch needs to go to jail like you or I would, and NEVER be allowed to be a part of any Law Enforcement from here out... but I won't hold my breath.

Last edited by Frost; 01-26-2006 at 04:56 AM.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:19 AM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

Virginia's finest, hard at work.

Pigs.

Quick Reply: Fairfax Co. Officer Accidentally Shoots, Kills Man :hope he rots in jail