Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Failed to appear in court?

Old 01-13-2007, 02:52 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
suadi's gto has disabled reputation
Default Failed to appear in court?

My dad got a ticket about a month ago for "failed to yield a stop sign". And he supposed to go to court on the 10th of this month. But due to a little confusion, he didn't go and ended up with a letter that were saying his license is going to be suspended starting on the 25.

My question is, if he paid the ticket before the suspension date, is his license still going to be suspended?

If it does, how long is he going to be suspended for?
Old 01-13-2007, 05:25 AM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake
Default Re: Failed to appear in court?

I'm guessing there will be a late fee.
For me when i failed to complete what the court wanted in time my license was suspended indefinitely until all matters were solved.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:35 AM
Registered Member

JaysDM has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by suadi's gto
My dad got a ticket about a month ago for "failed to yield a stop sign". And he supposed to go to court on the 10th of this month. But due to a little confusion, he didn't go and ended up with a letter that were saying his license is going to be suspended starting on the 25.

My question is, if he paid the ticket before the suspension date, is his license still going to be suspended?

if he had to appear in court and didnt show, judgment probably passed in his abscence.
Either he received a letter stating that if he didnt pay the new fine(which is the original ticket doubled) by a certain date that his license will be suspended, or on his court date judgment was passed for suspension (+ fine usually) as a penalty.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:08 PM
zOMG street racers!!

IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S

Well if he didn't sign the certified letter that came in the mail then the court cannot prove notification so a driving on suspended would not hold up in court unless he tells the arresting officer that his license is suspended which would be an admission of guilt.

The only reason I can see getting your license suspended for something like is if you violated your points alotment from DMV (ie: 12 points in a year, 18 in 2 yrs etc) that violation by itself isn't one where your license can be taken away.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:02 PM
Registered Member

suadi's gto has disabled reputation

The letter that came the other day stated that he needs to pay a hundred something bucks and the suspension date will take affect within 2 from the date he received it.

So my concern is, is he still going to get his license suspended after he pay the fine? or he just going to have demerit points in his driving record w/o any suspension?
Old 01-13-2007, 06:09 PM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

The letter that came the other day stated that he needs to pay a hundred something bucks and the suspension date will take affect within 2 from the date he received it.

So my concern is, is he still going to get his license suspended after he pay the fine? or he just going to have demerit points in his driving record w/o any suspension?
ive done this a hundred times when i am too lazy to go. if you pay the fine by the date, you will be FINE, no suspension, nothing. TRUST ME, my lazy ass does it all the time.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:05 PM
dubbin

g33k is an unknown quantity at this point

call the courthouse on tuesday and find out for sure..... no offence to anyone on these boards, but just to be sure, either that, or have your dad call...

reason being... i've seen arrest warrents issued to people for failure to appear.... just a heads up
Old 01-13-2007, 07:08 PM
miss my 2 wheels

brokemyR1 is an unknown quantity at this point

^that's only if you have a criminal charge(i.e. wreckless driving) or anything that carries jailtime.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:11 PM
zOMG street racers!!

IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S

Originally Posted by 94Sieg
^that's only if you have a criminal charge(i.e. wreckless driving) or anything that carries jailtime.

x2
Old 01-14-2007, 12:37 PM
dubbin

g33k is an unknown quantity at this point

my fault.... i'm not orignally from this state.... so i wasn't sure.... my fault...

edit: but still.... call the court house to verify the license suspension

Quick Reply: Failed to appear in court?