Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Factory alarm/ keyless entry and remote start

Old 01-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xboxhaxorz has disabled reputation
Default Factory alarm/ keyless entry and remote start

I have a ford fusion 2012 and a friend has a 2005 mr2 spyder, in my old car pre 2000 i had a viper alarm and remote start installed. In both of these newer cars they have alarms that activate if the door is opened without the alarm being unlocked.

My viper alarm would go off if you touched the car with a force ie; shock sensor. It also of course had roll window features and more.

Is the factory alarm on both these cars enough? If they broke the windows and just took stuff or climbed into the car without opening the door is possible if theres no shock. Should i change both cars to a viper alarm and remote start or just get a remote start addon DEI Avital 4003 Remote Car Starter for cars with factory keyless entries?

Also which is the best place to go, my friend bought a groupon for this place in rockville for hers?
Old 01-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Banned

FatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Factory alarm/ keyless entry and remote start

Originally Posted by xboxhaxorz
I have a ford fusion 2012 and a friend has a 2005 mr2 spyder, in my old car pre 2000 i had a viper alarm and remote start installed. In both of these newer cars they have alarms that activate if the door is opened without the alarm being unlocked.

My viper alarm would go off if you touched the car with a force ie; shock sensor. It also of course had roll window features and more.

Is the factory alarm on both these cars enough? If they broke the windows and just took stuff or climbed into the car without opening the door is possible if theres no shock. Should i change both cars to a viper alarm and remote start or just get a remote start addon DEI Avital 4003 Remote Car Starter for cars with factory keyless entries?

Also which is the best place to go, my friend bought a groupon for this place in rockville for hers?
wheres the cars located? We can have someone will come by next week and test the alarms for ya. 8D
Old 01-06-2012, 05:17 AM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

Lo-Jack the car with C-4. I guarantee they will only touch it... once.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:28 AM
TonzAGunz

Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88

factory alarms do NOT have shock sensors...thats one of the big selling points for aftermarket alarms having shock sensors and glass breakage sensors. in many cases there is no starter kill set up on a factory system. most newer cars now have an immobilizer system though.

i would recommend going with an aftermarket system if the shock/glass breakage sensor is a concern since you cannot add those sensors to most factory setups.