Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Do I need an alignment?

Old 11-18-2004, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr2sLoW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do I need an alignment?

Originally Posted by slimstajimsta5
ok.. what's your point?
just wanted to let yall know that it wasnt just the tires he changed, it was the size in rim also.
Old 11-18-2004, 06:16 PM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

Originally Posted by Mr2sLoW
just wanted to let yall know that it wasnt just the tires he changed, it was the size in rim also.
yea.. but still.. the tires were changed, and that's the outer part..

and the size of the tires doesn't even matter with camber problems
Old 11-18-2004, 06:20 PM

Mr2sLoW is an unknown quantity at this point

Well then i guess it didnt have anything to do with the wheels. But that man still needs a alignment.
Old 11-18-2004, 06:56 PM
Banned

publicenemy137 is an unknown quantity at this point

if it pulls a certain way or if the car does not drive straight when the steering wheel is straight, then he needs an alignment. Simple as that, if it doesn't pull anywhere or if the steering wheel is straight, he doesn't need an alignment. Or if he does have mad negative camber then he'll need an alignment also
Old 11-18-2004, 07:05 PM
Banned

mainevent212 is an unknown quantity at this point

negative camber is jdm bling man...if it was up to me, i'd have my wheels like the back to the future car
Old 11-18-2004, 08:02 PM
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation

A good rule of thumb is to check your alignment everytime you replace tires. Most tire shops check for free when they do the tire install. Ask to see the spec printout on how ur car is compared to the manufacturer specs they have. If its way off from the manufacturer specs, then get the alignment. If its in the specs, then no need for the alignment.

Getting an alignment is mandatory if you are modifying the suspension in anyway (lifting/lowering the vehicle, swapping ball joints/other critical suspension parts excluding shocks).
Old 11-19-2004, 11:52 AM
TRU
Registered Member

TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute

it shouldnt be needed unless u did suspension work. if the camber is changed when all u did was get rims, then ur fucked....
Old 11-19-2004, 04:08 PM
Registered Member

StreetRacer69 has disabled reputation

What kind of car do you drive? Most of the cheaper imports don't have camber adj. from the factory.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:21 PM
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by TRU
it shouldnt be needed unless u did suspension work. if the camber is changed when all u did was get rims, then ur fucked....
I agree with ur statement but I have something to add to it...potholes and severe bumps can mess your alignment up w/o breaking suspension parts, so even if u have stock suspension that is in good working order, ur alignment can still be off.
Old 11-20-2004, 09:32 PM
Registered Member

slosatty has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by publicenemy137
if it pulls a certain way or if the car does not drive straight when the steering wheel is straight, then he needs an alignment. Simple as that, if it doesn't pull anywhere or if the steering wheel is straight, he doesn't need an alignment. Or if he does have mad negative camber then he'll need an alignment also
I agree w. this man. if it aint broke dont fix it. Your alignment will not change w. tire/wheel size. the only things that would change would b your spedometer and the scrub radius of the tire. The scrub radius is an angle in relation to you strut thats in relation to the stock wheel/tire. You cant adjust the scrub radius but its not a wear angle, so its np. Toe and camber are you wear angles. And caster it the tilt of the strut foward and backwards.
About -1.7 deg. of camber works wonders for the handling in my car. i would suggest trying to get it your camber a lil negative if your not to worried about tire wear.

Quick Reply: Do I need an alignment?