Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Disapointed with Noyan

Old 11-16-2004, 01:55 PM
MEOWIN ALL NIGHT!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I_am_longitude is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Disapointed with Noyan

I have had no problems with NOYAN.
Old 11-16-2004, 03:08 PM
Ick
Lemme track yo bike

Ick will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Disapointed with Noyan

it's a hit or miss with any used engines/trannies. we arent talking brand new here...and in order to get the full worth of the warranty, be sure that you can install the swap within a few days of purchasing it. then you'll have plenty of time to see if it's good or not.
if you personally asked for a manual b16 and ECU, then i can see you being upset. however, im thinking that you just asked for a b16 set-up, and the autos are usually the least wanted, so with the plentiful stock and you not asking them for a manual, they gave you an auto one.
buying a swap is a big step, so big homework needs to be done beforehand. hindsight's 20/20, now you know.
Old 11-16-2004, 03:46 PM

EG1sol has disabled reputation

For one, I wasnt really expecting them to give me another transmission, I only asked if I could buy one from them. Second, I did not rag out the transmission after I got it. I rarely drove the car after the swap, but from when I got it reverse seemed hard to get into, sometimes I couldnt get it in and I just figured that was normal. Thats all understandable somewhat, this all happened like 2 months ago and I didnt complain then, but the whole ECU being for an automatic is really stupid. I got the car back tonight from Inline and it runs so much better with the right ECU..oh well. Just thought Id share my story
Old 11-16-2004, 03:52 PM
Family Sedan Pimp

3POINT5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

JDM motors my ass, they are all saudi motors with 150k miles on them.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:29 PM
DSM builder/tuner

4SFED4 is on a distinguished road

Must be because you bought a HonduH j/k

I have bought several Mitsubishi motors and trannies from Noyan and have not had any trouble. They even replaced one 5spd trans after 5 weeks for me when I blew apart the center diff on a modded AWD.

As far as 150K+ Saudi motors, I don't buy it because I took two motors apart after collapsing ring landings(making ~400whp) and the bearings looked much better than any US spec motor(100-150K) I went through.

Last edited by 4SFED4; 11-16-2004 at 05:33 PM.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:09 PM

palaawan has disabled reputation

ANYONE NEEDING A JDM MOTOR PM ME,,,, HONDA, TOYOTA, SUBARU, MITSUBISHI, MAZDA. EVERY MOTOR COMES OUTTA JAPAN WITH LESS THEN 50K ON THEM.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:26 PM
Hawker Driver

Mach30SiR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by palaawan
ANYONE NEEDING A JDM MOTOR PM ME,,,, HONDA, TOYOTA, SUBARU, MITSUBISHI, MAZDA. EVERY MOTOR COMES OUTTA JAPAN WITH LESS THEN 50K ON THEM.
did you just sign up to post that?
Old 11-17-2004, 01:58 AM
Banned

Mr Mugatu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EG1sol
Just letting yall know my experience here, and Ill try to be as fair as possible, but people in the Nova area should know this. I was told this summer that Noyan USA in manassas was a good place to buy a JDM Honda motor, and I got a used B16 with transmission, mounts, and ECU. I was assured that everything would be fine. Well two months after having the motor in my car, the reverse and 5th gears died and Noyan wouldnt do anything about it cause it wasnt in warranty. They wouldnt even take a tranny off one of their many sets to sell to me, cause it would hurt their profits a lil. So OK fine, I can understand all that, its still a lil gay. Well since I got the car back from the swap, it shook when Id put the pedal down and it would run a lil funny. Everyone said it was cause of some sensor and shit. Well I took it to Inline Pro last weekend and I get a call today saying that there were some bad sensors on the motor, but also that Noyan had given me the ECU for an automatic B16. Thats pretty messed up.
Its not noyans fault your gay ass can't change gears..
Old 11-17-2004, 05:46 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

Originally Posted by mbui00
His idle was fubar and so was his transmission (both been fixed). But yeah, im beginning to think noyan pieces together their engines and just sells them straight out like that. Its pretty messed up cuz they can get away with it.
the idle problem had nothing to do with the shop, it was just a angry installer...actually this motor was pieced out for the better of kevin he got him one with a lsd tranny (myfriend)

Last edited by EEK; 11-17-2004 at 05:54 AM.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:47 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

Originally Posted by EG1sol
They seemed nice too, untill I started having problems with it. It just seems really shady, and this has cost me alotta money to fix so far.
honestly the only reason they dont want to help you about, is that the guy who did the swap for you said you dicked him over, he had your car at his house for over a week doing the swap, he also took a lot of little parts from his work so your swap could run right ,so he has no reason to help you out

Last edited by EEK; 11-17-2004 at 05:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Disapointed with Noyan