Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

COPS

Old 11-19-2004, 05:46 PM
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation
Default Re: COPS

Originally Posted by EEK
haha aint that one jenkins LOL
Jenkins rolls in a white one as well...i know from personal experience...
Old 11-19-2004, 05:48 PM
Patron

Originally Posted by fc735
is it all that happens in this area is bitching about cops?

really.....look at some of the threads. fucking get over it. or go to the academy.
Things are a bit different up in NOVA then in SW VA...from what I hear from the ppl that I know down there, you could straight pipe ur car all day long and the cops could care less in SW VA...and if they care about 4 cylinders being straight-piped, I know they dont care about v8s being straight-piped.

I invite you to come up here, or drive up here with ur modified WRX and see if Fairfax's finest doesn't pull you over just b/c ur exhaust note is a little loud and b/c ur suspension is a little lower then normal.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:54 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by Boxer4PSI
Things are a bit different up in NOVA then in SW VA...from what I hear from the ppl that I know down there, you could straight pipe ur car all day long and the cops could care less in SW VA...and if they care about 4 cylinders being straight-piped, I know they dont care about v8s being straight-piped.

I invite you to come up here, or drive up here with ur modified WRX and see if Fairfax's finest doesn't pull you over just b/c ur exhaust note is a little loud and b/c ur suspension is a little lower then normal.
i understand your ways of thinking about that....but you are not the most correct about it. dont think cause i live in BFE that i dont have to deal with it. i rode my metro around for a while with straight pipes, and was ticketed often, as was my Nova when i had glasspacks on it. i knew the car was illegal, and took the tickets like i should have.

and I dont have my wagon anymore cause of too many morons around here having one, i didnt want to be "harassed" as some of you may say, cause i drove a "modified import" and i have driven my car all over VA, MD, NC, SC, PA, NY, TN and have never been pulled over, "lower suspension and louder exhaust" and all. it is not so much the car, but the driver.

i have gotten one ticket in my car, it was 81/65 outside of Rochester, NY. i got pulled by an SS and i took my ticket gladly (i was doing 103, he clocked the car i was passing) Toooper didnt say a word about the mods to the car.

driven all around NOVA and richmond in it, and never once got "harassed"

Last edited by HatefulMechanic; 11-19-2004 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Patron

Originally Posted by fc735
i understand your ways of thinking about that....but you are not the most correct about it. dont think cause i live in BFE that i dont have to deal with it. i rode my metro around for a while with straight pipes, and was ticketed often, as was my Nova when i had glasspacks on it. i knew the car was illegal, and took the tickets like i should have.

and I dont have my wagon anymore cause of too many morons around here having one, i didnt want to be "harassed" as some of you may say, cause i drove a "modified import" and i have driven my car all over VA, MD, NC, SC, PA, NY, TN and have never been pulled over, "lower suspension and louder exhaust" and all. it is not so much the car, but the driver.

i have gotten one ticket in my car, it was 81/65 outside of Rochester, NY. i got pulled by an SS and i took my ticket gladly (i was doing 103, he clocked the car i was passing) Toooper didnt say a word about the mods to the car.

driven all around NOVA and richmond in it, and never once got "harassed"
Sorry to hear that you sold your wagon. I stand corrected regarding your comments about being nailed for exhaust with your Nova.

Congrats on driving around NOVA and Richmond harassment free. I use to think along the lines that they wouldn't touch me for that stuff b/c I have out of state plates....until Fairfax's finest decided to talk to me about it on I-66 one night w/ my TurboXS RFL-Ti exhaust system (said I violated a noise ordinance...yet there was no sign posted at the boundaries of said ordinance area and there is no listing in the state map regarding noise areas...so he let me off, but still I got stopped for it).

As for the other states you listed, the cops don't care, they may add it on when they pull you over for something else, but they usually won't nail you just for that stuff unless you're at a street race or something.

Btw I post on WRXTuners every once in a while under a different username then this one...that is how I knew about your WRX.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:11 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

ahhh. i dont go around there much anymore, i bought a house and am working on getting it done up nice, and then working on building a new one for the wifey and all so i sold the wagon to get it done sooner.

i am a firm believer in the whole act like a respectable person, and you get treated like one thing. it is kinda fucked up sometimes that if you are a good person, riding around in a car that is "hukd up y0" that you will be pulled over, but look at the statistics and you will see the reasoning for it. not that i am a cop or anything (really i am not, i am firefighter, but i know ALOT of cops and was even going to do it for a while there, but i get to work on cop cars now and i like it. )

most people see things from one side of the story (the always innocent driver that got pulled over by the evil policeman) and not the other side. i had an email from a buddy of mine that is a trooper once that had some good points, i am trying to find it and post it sometime.

oh well, back to my hole. remember: stage IV is for poonannies. stroke the fuck out of it, huge ass turbo, and make that bitch RWD and do a wheelstand. it is the epitamy of WRX though, a non AWD car

:stirringshitpot:
Old 11-19-2004, 06:46 PM
Master of my domain

nukefission is an unknown quantity at this point

My solution was just to get a different car to drive around on a regular basis, and keep my hot rod in the garage in pieces. No harrassment here!
Old 11-19-2004, 08:33 PM
Banned

mainevent212 is an unknown quantity at this point

w00t! mini cooper owner lol

i have a yellow 02 S
Old 11-19-2004, 09:59 PM
Damn the Skins suck!

baileypicks24 has disabled reputation

If you speed in Fairfucks youre an idiot.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:11 PM
Master of my domain

nukefission is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mainevent212
w00t! mini cooper owner lol

i have a yellow 02 S
Word. Mine is also yellow w/ black stripes.
Old 11-20-2004, 02:40 PM
Registered Member

kcook has disabled reputation

LOL they stopped making camaros in 02

blacks2k knows lots ... :::sarcasim:::

Quick Reply: COPS