Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Anyone have a tire mounting machine and balancer? or know of a cheap ass tire shop?

Old 03-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DxCorolla has disabled reputation
Default Anyone have a tire mounting machine and balancer? or know of a cheap ass tire shop?

Hey guys,

Just got some new tires for my LS meshes that I just bought last weekend for my 98 Integra. Everywhere I go...i get quoted $25 to $35 bucks for each tire/wheel mounting and balancing. Totals usually over $100 just to mount and balance them. I paid 40 bucks each for brand new Kumho tires...so paying $35 to mount it is kind of expensive.

Anyone have a tire machine in their home garage that would do it for cheaper? or know of any shops that charge a lot less?

Tire sizes are 195/50/15...

I’m trying to go the cheapest route…since it’s only my beater Integra.

Thanks
Old 03-16-2010, 08:04 AM
Registered Member

ODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Anyone have a tire mounting machine and balancer? or know of a cheap ass tire sho

where you located?
Old 03-16-2010, 08:24 AM
Registered Member

DxCorolla has disabled reputation
Default Re: Anyone have a tire mounting machine and balancer? or know of a cheap ass tire sho

Leesburg...I work in Herndon though...so I have the major highways easily accessible (rt 7, 28, 66, 50, 267 etc...)
Old 03-16-2010, 02:22 PM
DSMs ruined my life!

DJsilkyjr has disabled reputation

i used to get my tires mounted by this place called bingo tires, a bunch of spanish guys selling used tires, there 1 block away from inline pro, if i remember correctly, it was $10 to mount a tire, look them up
Old 03-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Patriarch BigCock

DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha

if ya feel like drivin, bring it to my shop in woodbridge, we cud do it for 15 a pop. although 10 sounds hella better
Old 03-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

Originally Posted by DxCorolla
Hey guys,

Just got some new tires for my LS meshes that I just bought last weekend for my 98 Integra. Everywhere I go...i get quoted $25 to $35 bucks for each tire/wheel mounting and balancing. Totals usually over $100 just to mount and balance them. I paid 40 bucks each for brand new Kumho tires...so paying $35 to mount it is kind of expensive.

Anyone have a tire machine in their home garage that would do it for cheaper? or know of any shops that charge a lot less?

Tire sizes are 195/50/15...

I’m trying to go the cheapest route…since it’s only my beater Integra.

Thanks
damn newbs always getting screwed.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:42 AM
7,433,579 ^_~

loser635 loser635 loser635 loser635 loser635 loser635 loser635 loser635 loser635 loser635

Originally Posted by DoriSha
if ya feel like drivin, bring it to my shop in woodbridge, we cud do it for 15 a pop. although 10 sounds hella better
listen to this guy
Old 03-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Nothing but time...

Venice has disabled reputation

I don't think 25-30 is bad for mounting and balancing . If you think about it some shops pay between 5k-10k for a machine and thats just to mount the tires figure another 5k for a good balancer .So a shop has between 10k-15k out of pocket plus the cost to pay the guy that doing the job oh and wait electricity tax's and so on .
At the shop i work for i make good money and we do good work and are one of the cheapest places in the area . We started to charge 20 a mount and balance if you bring your own tires . If you buy tires from us its like 15 total . 7 to mount 8 to balance if you buy from us .

I just love how people love to look for the cheapest place remember the saying " You get what you pay for" it works in this case too .
Old 03-21-2010, 02:10 PM
Registered Member

xboxhaxorz has disabled reputation

its so annoying when people try to justify other shops reasons for charging high prices. try and help me justify this. not sure if its every merchants but the merchants in falls church charged me $18 bucks for each tire. i was surprised cause same as you i shopped around and all the local shops even independent shops would charge those prices you mentioned. at least with merchants you get a nationwide guarantee

oh btw venice, best buy charges around $60 bucks to install memory in a pc. i would do the same thing for $20 bucks, try justifying that cause for me.
oh wait, they pay electricity, they pay for employees, they pay for legal assistance etc; correct? lmao

Originally Posted by Venice
I don't think 25-30 is bad for mounting and balancing . If you think about it some shops pay between 5k-10k for a machine and thats just to mount the tires figure another 5k for a good balancer .So a shop has between 10k-15k out of pocket plus the cost to pay the guy that doing the job oh and wait electricity tax's and so on .
At the shop i work for i make good money and we do good work and are one of the cheapest places in the area . We started to charge 20 a mount and balance if you bring your own tires . If you buy tires from us its like 15 total . 7 to mount 8 to balance if you buy from us .

I just love how people love to look for the cheapest place remember the saying " You get what you pay for" it works in this case too .