Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Anybody ever been to Aberdeen Proving Grounds?

Old 03-05-2007, 06:17 AM
Wanna taste?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt
Default Anybody ever been to Aberdeen Proving Grounds?

I am going there for Army MOS school for a month starting in the middle of April. Just wanted to see what its like, if its cool/gay, whatever...

Thanks.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:57 AM
Registered Member

RedCobaltSS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Anybody ever been to Aberdeen Proving Grounds?

Yeah my parents live right near there. My dad retired from the army at aberdeen, and when i initially joined was stationed at the MI BN there before i switched to active duty and went to korea.

You're close to B'more and Philadelphia, that's got the most going on. What you looking to do?
Old 03-05-2007, 06:58 AM
Wanna taste?

Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt

Originally Posted by RedCobaltSS
Yeah my parents live right near there. My dad retired from the army at aberdeen, and when i initially joined was stationed at the MI BN there before i switched to active duty and went to korea.

You're close to B'more and Philadelphia, that's got the most going on. What you looking to do?
As far as what?
Old 03-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Registered Member

i don't know. Aberdeen as a whole is boring. The bowling alley has good food, the px is small. There's not much to do right there. a lot of small bars and what not. If you're in ait for only a month don't know how much time you'll have to do anything else though.

Cecil County Dragway is only 10minutes from base, if you're taking your car and are just reclassing not a first timer.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation

I've been to the Proving Grounds a few times. You are much closer to Baltimore then Philadelphia, so look there for some fun. The Inner Harbor has some fun stuff (bars, clubs, ESPN Zone, Hard Rock Cafe, National Aquarium).

The area around Aberdeen is mostly rural/suburbia...just off I-95.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Wanna taste?

Originally Posted by RedCobaltSS
i don't know. Aberdeen as a whole is boring. The bowling alley has good food, the px is small. There's not much to do right there. a lot of small bars and what not. If you're in ait for only a month don't know how much time you'll have to do anything else though.

Cecil County Dragway is only 10minutes from base, if you're taking your car and are just reclassing not a first timer.
No, I am a Sergeant in the Michigan National Guard and I am taking my car (beater) because being without mobility is gay. Guess I will have to stock up on a lot of magazines...
Old 03-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by SLOW_GTP
No, I am a Sergeant in the Michigan National Guard and I am taking my car (beater) because being without mobility is gay. Guess I will have to stock up on a lot of magazines...
If you're taking your car, definitely go into Baltimore (its maybe 20-30 minutes from Aberdeen on I-95). Unlike DC, you can actually drive around the city. As long as you stay in the Inner Harbor you should be fine crimewise.

If you're feeling patriotic and have a whole day to kill, you could go down to DC also (its only another 30 minutes past Baltimore on I-95, and they have a subway system you can use instead of driving around downtown).
Old 03-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Registered Member

yeah magazines is a good idea. they used to have gokarts and putt putt on base, but it's usually over run with soldiers if it's actually open. there's some good seafood joints in havre de grace.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:14 PM
TRU
Registered Member

TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute

My dad was a chemical engineer at Aberdeen back in the mid 80's before leaving the military and working for a private business. he said as someone interested in mechanics, i would love it.