Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

any help on my court case for my exhaust?

Old 04-19-2004, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B18C5_EK has disabled reputation
Default Re: any help on my court case for my exhaust?

Originally Posted by 3POINT5
I think you should put your stock on, take pictures, take them to court and say you got rid of the "illegal" one.
That is kind of risky though, my friend had an exhaust ticket and when he went to court he had already taken the exhast off and put the stokc one back on, so when he told the judge that, the judge had one of the balefs (sp?) go outside with my friend and check if he was lying or not...This is the only time I have heard about something like that, but still if it happened once it could happen again, and you def. dont want to get charged with lying in a court of law, that will cost you a lot more than 85$....

I say just eat the 85$ and pay the ticket, most judges in Fairfax County are dicks when it comes to exhaust and shit like this. You can try and argue that the exhaust is "50 state Legal" but I dont think it will help you much.....
Old 04-19-2004, 10:27 AM
Registered Member

Teck2 Teck2

I got pulled over in Va for an exhaust even though I live in MD. He was like exhaust means I'm racing. Then he just gave me a warning and ask if i was drinking.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:39 PM

dorifto83 dorifto83

I got pulled over by tyson's for my car's exhaust. The lady officer pulled me out of the car and was telling me that it was illegal. She saw that it was my birthday that day, and said she would be nice and give me a warning ticket because I was polite and it was my birthday. She said most cops won't write tickets unless the driver is a dick about everything, in which case I guess they do deserve one. If you really wanted to push this forward, not sure if its worth $85, but you can take the claim that its 50 state legal claim to court. If the court decides that you're still at fault, contact the manufacturer of the exhaust and tell them to reimburse you for false advertisement, which if they don't then you can sue them. On the other hand, you can just pay the fine and just move on. Post how it went, pz
Old 04-19-2004, 12:50 PM
Once Pooped a Hammer

LouisM has disabled reputation

you could always say: harleys are louder and more obnoxious
Old 04-19-2004, 03:24 PM
My dick is tan.

Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii

i have a greddy sp exhaust. those are 50 state legal and i haven't gotton pulled over yet. rite now i have a leak and theres a huge dent in my cat. now it smells, it pops every now n then, it backfires now, and it sound sorta like a v8 (load). would cops excuse u for exhaust leak even though my exhaust is aftermarket?
Old 04-19-2004, 05:15 PM

BKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond repute

no.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:55 PM
2004 Danceoff Champ

Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy

Originally Posted by Teck2
I got pulled over in Va for an exhaust even though I live in MD. He was like exhaust means I'm racing. Then he just gave me a warning and ask if i was drinking.
If you read the code of Virginia it reads that anyone driving on the streets of VA must abide by the laws of Virginia regardless of where your car is registered.

Originally Posted by b18c1delsol94
If you really wanted to push this forward, not sure if its worth $85, but you can take the claim that its 50 state legal claim to court. If the court decides that you're still at fault, contact the manufacturer of the exhaust and tell them to reimburse you for false advertisement, which if they don't then you can sue them. On the other hand, you can just pay the fine and just move on. Post how it went, pz
50 state legal means that it is legal in all 50 states for smog pollution. NOT for being legal for modding.

Originally Posted by LouisM
you could always say: harleys are louder and more obnoxious
Harleys are still stock.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:09 PM
Registered Member

s13jdmsx is infamous around these partss13jdmsx is infamous around these partss13jdmsx is infamous around these partss13jdmsx is infamous around these partss13jdmsx is infamous around these partss13jdmsx is infamous around these partss13jdmsx is infamous around these partss13jdmsx is infamous around these partss13jdmsx is infamous around these partss13jdmsx is infamous around these partss13jdmsx is infamous around these parts

yeh same here got ticket but officer dickhead gave me a lil break with just an exhust ticket gotta pay it by 26th and think ill prepay instead of wasting time n crap
Old 04-19-2004, 06:11 PM
GAYFISH LOVE

Israel is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these partsIsrael is infamous around these parts

i just bullshit the cop and tell em its someone else's car.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:53 PM
Once Pooped a Hammer

LouisM has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Tonka Toy
If you read the code of Virginia it reads that anyone driving on the streets of VA must abide by the laws of Virginia regardless of where your car is registered.

50 state legal means that it is legal in all 50 states for smog pollution. NOT for being legal for modding.

Harleys are still stock.
yeah, they may be stock, but it might get the judge on your side

Quick Reply: any help on my court case for my exhaust?