Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Another Where to Live thread

Old 05-24-2012, 05:47 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN
Default Another Where to Live thread

I'm considering a job in Manassas. I have read a couple of recent threads about relocating to the area, but I'm bringing a family with me so my needs are different. I would be looking for a 2500-3000 sq ft, 4+ bedroom house with ~.5 acre of land that would allow me to park my camper (preferably no hoa). The job is located near Prince William Pkwy and rt 28 and I would like a commute of no longer than an hour. I am still working on what my budget would be but I want to get an idea of where to look and what different price points look like. Any suggestions?
Old 05-24-2012, 07:17 AM
Bath salt trippin'

Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon
Default Re: Another Where to Live thread

Manassas/ Haymarket to my understanding have cheaper real estate. The closer you get to DC, the more expensive it will be.

In regards to HOA's, I work for a property management company. If you happen to find a location you like with an HOA, pm me, and it's possible we manage it so I can let you know if they're dicks or not.

Generally speaking, they're all dicks. Some just more-so than others.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:38 AM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

you can get a house that meets your criteria out that way that's decent and in a decent area for 350-400k......look for neighborhoods n houses off of dumfries rd/234.....from there to where you're working its only a 15 min commute or so and its just on the fringe where the prices are lower...it's a bit more country and wide open but a few min drive and you're right there where everything is including your work.

my ex lived right off dumfries rd n it wasn't bad at all, not overcrowded and not tons of beaners runnin around like the rest of manasshole and hoodbridge.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:11 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

Originally Posted by IMSHAKN
I'm considering a job in Manassas. I have read a couple of recent threads about relocating to the area, but I'm bringing a family with me so my needs are different. I would be looking for a 2500-3000 sq ft, 4+ bedroom house with ~.5 acre of land that would allow me to park my camper (preferably no hoa). The job is located near Prince William Pkwy and rt 28 and I would like a commute of no longer than an hour. I am still working on what my budget would be but I want to get an idea of where to look and what different price points look like. Any suggestions?
.5 acre is gonna be hard to get with out going older or out of the suburbs. i do live in the heart of manassas on a .5 acre but my house is only 1900sq ft, old as shit and in the middle of white/spanish hood lol. theres houses closer to dumfries off 234 bypass thats still considered manassas that has houses that you are looking for with sq ft and lot size you want. but theres nothing by them other than a couple gas stations and small shopping centers
Old 05-29-2012, 03:29 AM
Registered Member

djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck

Go for Haymarket. That is your best bet to get a really nice house and the yard you are looking for. I would consult greatschools.org for at least part of the decision if you are considering living in Manassas. Some of the homes have the square footage, but the schools are atrocious.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:49 AM
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

Thanks for the serious input. Negotiations will continue today but I think I have learned enough that I can make it work, especially with the relo package they are offering.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:46 PM
Registered member

DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus

Centreville?
Old 05-30-2012, 06:41 AM
Registered Member

Nokesville is looking pretty good right now...lots of land, relatively cheap and would only be ~30 minutes from work.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:42 AM
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

Gainesville, Nokesville and Lake Ridge.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:22 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

Originally Posted by IMSHAKN
Nokesville is looking pretty good right now...lots of land, relatively cheap and would only be ~30 minutes from work.
prolly be closer to an hour or lil more to get to manassas during rush hour everyone is fighting to get to 66 from all directions...what sucks about nokesville (depending which part of nokesville) your either coming to manassas from 28, which after bristow is a 1 lane road and gotta deal with train tracks, tractors etc. or you gotta take the long way which would be 17 to 29. which will take you by warrenton and gets real backed up from rte15 to 66. theres no other way really...

try looking in the catharpin area

Quick Reply: Another Where to Live thread