Notices
Motorcycles & Parts Anything with 2 wheels and related parts.

::testing waters:: 02 Yamaha R6 - with mods - Low Miles!

Old 10-08-2006, 03:56 PM
p2r
!! Buy My Parts !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
p2r has disabled reputation
Default ::testing waters:: 02 Yamaha R6 - with mods - Low Miles!

Reposted due to not including a price. Not quite sure what to put for a price just yet, as I'm "testing waters" . . . so... $6000.00

I'm testing the waters to see what I'd be able to get for my 02 R6. Only serious responses please...

About the bike-

Lowered 2.5"
D&D Slip-on
Stage3 Jet Kit
Bored/Stroked (approx. 640cc)
Chrome Rims
New back tire
No mirrors

She rides great, no problems.. It was dropped once at low speed (5-10mph) and still has some small scratches from it. (Not very noticeable) Since then the bike has been painted twice. 1st Orange, then Blue. The only reason I'm thinking about selling it is to buy a new 600RR.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thank you for looking at my thread... if you have any serious inquiries, feel free to contact me.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:17 AM
p2r
!! Buy My Parts !!

Default Re: ::testing waters:: 02 Yamaha R6 - with mods - Low Miles!

umm... anyone have any thoughts?!
Old 10-10-2006, 07:42 AM
A.K.A Slowintegra92

VADA9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

If it had average mileage i would pay about 4000 max....4200 if you took off the D&D, put the mirrors back on it and raised it up to stock height so it could be rode like a R6 should. I could take off those 1" chicken strips then. No but seriously 6000 is crazy.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Registered Member

dsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto -- Friend just picked up an 02 R6 for $3000 with average miles. 6000 is def on the high side, esp going into winter.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:44 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

+1.. i was going to say it a little.. nicer..

id say for what you have done, but also, for the damage it has... 4k is a decent price... maybe even on the steep side. i dont think anyone will give you 6k for it. but then again, if you hold out till spring, im sure some sucker will pay close to 6k for it. your trying to sell it at the wrong time of the year if you are trying to make some money off of it.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:03 PM
A.K.A Slowintegra92

VADA9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I just cant get over those tires, its so funny.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Registered Member

dsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond repute

oh i def think its a great looking bike, minus the rash on the side -- Wish it was an 03, but I'd give you 3k for it if you wanted to dump it off this winter. What color blue is that, it looks great
Old 10-10-2006, 05:18 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by VADA9
I just cant get over those tires, its so funny.
...it does say new rear tire. Maybe he hasn't got a chance to throw it on it's side yet.

To the original poster: VAdriven does not allow Testing the Waters type threads in the classifieds anymore. I'm sure you'll see a few here and there, but moderating the classifieds is a monster of a task. Threads are required to have a price and they don't want the price being bickered about in the thread. This may give you some insight as to why the original was deleted (and why this one may get deleted too).

Last edited by Corey; 10-10-2006 at 05:20 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:26 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

just a lil bit of info, your bike doesn't have a stage 3 jet kit. you can't put stage 3 on a bike with ram air. the main difference between a stage 1 and a stage 3 is the removal of the airbox and replacing it with individual air filters, which would negate any ram air, since there's no airbox to pressurize. you have a stage 1.

thought you might like to know. alot of people seem to get confused over jet kit "stages"

also, unless you have documenation about the "bore and stroke" work, no one, well, maybe some noob, is gonna think you're for real about that. a bore AND stroke job would make the motor alot bigger than 640cc.

not trying to burst your bubble here, just pointing out some things that some people may not notice.

oh, and 6g's for an '02 r6 is CRAZY. i just paid 2g's for an '02 cbr954

Last edited by skr00zloose; 10-10-2006 at 05:33 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:20 AM
p2r
!! Buy My Parts !!

just as a quick reply.... I had to put a price... hence over shooting the price.

next off... it is a NEW tire, less then 300 miles on it. once again, reasoning for the "chicken strips"

I was also told by the guy i bought it from about the jet kit being a stg3. I really dont know. When I took it to my local cycle shop, they looked it over, and at which point i asked about the stroker kit. They said because of the lack of room in a 600cc motor (0.6 ltr motor) you can only get so much outta it. max of 45cc.

Now.... Last but seriously NOT least... I said serious inquires only. It is a "TESTING WATERS" ad... so plz no more bullsh*t of knocking the price that isnt even my asking price. I coud change it to $600.00 instead of $6000.00, but then I'd get shit about that too.

So learn to read ppl's ads before replyin your little hearts out.

Quick Reply: ::testing waters:: 02 Yamaha R6 - with mods - Low Miles!