Notices
Motorcycles & Parts Anything with 2 wheels and related parts.

Suzuki GS500 Parts For Sale

Old 12-18-2007, 08:26 AM
Free Time

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane
Default Suzuki GS500 Parts For Sale

Name: Dan
Means of Contact: PM or email dan at octaneonline dot com
Description: Various 1989-1999 Suzuki GS500E parts
Price: Various

Vance & Hines Supersport Full Exhaust System in good used condition. Some minor blemishes. $175 OBO

'89-'99 GS500 Gas Tank. Super clean inside, a few dents and scrapes on the outside. Great spare. $90 OBO

I do have a lot of other GS500 stuff in storage, and I'll be selling it all in the next few months. Let me know if you need something specific.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Fighterer

Abysalone will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Suzuki GS500 Parts For Sale

I have someone who needs parts and would probably be interested in the exhaust. Ill talk to him tomorrow and let you know.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:33 AM
Free Time

Thanks Abys. I have a sale pending on the exhaust - but the guy is in Houston and seems a little shifty...wanting to western union money and what not. I told him I'd hold it for a week and a half and he's supposed to be sending me a money order. Anyhow, let me know if your boy wants it and I'll give him a shout next week if the money order doesn't come.

The tank is sold. I have a garage full of GS500 parts though, and it's all for sale, so let me know if he's looking for something else.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:45 AM
Free Time

More GS500E parts available:

stock exhaust - $25

Billet CBR900RR rearsets and solid pegs w/R1 shift link (modified to fit GS500 - lifts pegs up and back and converts to GP shift pattern) SOLD

1999 GSX-R 600 front end modified to fit GS500 - triple clamps (Vortex billet upper) custom steering stem to fit GS500, top triple drilled for idiot lights w/lenses inserted, GSX-R front wheel (very dark gray, almost black), Michelin Pilot Sport 120/70-17 tire, GSX-R brake rotors, GSX-R front brake calipers, lines, lever, m/c, axle, clip-ons, etc - 100% sorted and ready to bolt on - $500

GSF400 rear wheel (4" wide as opposed to 3.5" GS wheel - accepts a 150 or 160 width tire), Michelin Pilot Sport 160/70-17 tire, brake rotor, cush drive, 39t sprocket, GS caliper, GSX-R brake arm (to clear wider tire), custom made aluminum spacer, axle, bearings - ready to bolt on $300

GS custom bodywork - custom painted tank, solo tail (kevlar - super light), and front fender (it's a GSX-R fender to fit the FE above - won't work on stock GS fork), and I'll include a stock seat...the solo seat is not padded. $500

Stock GS tail plastic - just the two sides, missing the center piece. Need paint. $25

Pics on request. Photos of all parts on the bike I'm parting can be found here: http://www.octaneonline.com/culmination.htm

Last edited by octane; 01-02-2008 at 07:59 AM.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:33 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

you parted out your gs????

that's kinda sad, there was alot of work in that bike.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:58 AM
Free Time

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
you parted out your gs????

that's kinda sad, there was alot of work in that bike.
Yup...and yup. Unfortunately it's worth more in parts. I listed it whole a while back and had some interest, but nobody with cash. Just as well though because I didn't feel good selling it to a noob due to the fact that it was so modified, which as you know can make it tough to get it serviced at a shop, and most of the lookers were looking at it for a first bike.

I'm looking for another bike. I want something bigger/more powerful. I'm pretty open to what it is, but I don't want anything that's been abused. I need something stock to mildly modified (prefer just jets and a pipe) that I'm not going to have to fiddle with. Between buying a new house that needs some work and having the baby, I don't have wrenching time, so I just want to ride. So keep your eyes open for me. I'd prefer something sporty...but I really am open to anything. I looked at a Vmax the other day. I'm not much of a cruiser guy...but I'm not doing any track days for a while and the comfort and power of the 'max is appealing.

I don't have all of my cash together yet, but I think I'll have about 3 grand, maybe a little more to spend...I was going to part the XS project out too and buy a new bike, but I just got ridiculous lowball offers on that motor, so I'm going to keep it. When my boy is a little bigger and things settle down I'll resurrect the XS project! I did sell the XS bodywork I had though...so I guess I'll have to learn how to make my own when the time comes!

In any case, give me a shout if you see something in the next month or two you think might be a good deal for me. I'm hoping to have my cash together in another three weeks or so, and buy something before March when prices start going up.