Notices
Motorcycles & Parts Anything with 2 wheels and related parts.

My First Sportbike! $4000 to spend

Old 05-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Jump In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
integra-t has disabled reputation
Default My First Sportbike! $4000 to spend

Hey everyone I'm in the market for a bike. I have ridden dirtbikes for a long time and want to take the experience to the street. This is my first bike, so I am looking at 600cc bikes to start off with. Like it says in the title, I have 4000 to spend and no more. I am leaning toward Honda and Yamaha bikes because their cars and dirtbikes have always done me well in the past. I don't have a specific model in mind, I just want to make sure I buy something that has been taken care of and is reliable for me to learn to ride responsibly. Please, no stretched and chromed out bikes! I'm in for a learning experience so something flashy will do me no good if I lay it down sometime. Anyway, let me know whats out there!

Thanks
Old 05-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

thecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: My First Sportbike! $4000 to spend

My Bike for sale

Hey man, I have a bike for sale that's in your price range. It's a 1200cc but makes about the same power as a modern, fuel injected 600cc sportbike. Great bike to ride and will be something with which you can definitely grow. Runs great with lots of tread still left on the Pilot Powers. Naked=cheap on insurance and no fairings to replace when and if you lay it down.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by integra-t
Hey everyone I'm in the market for a bike. I have ridden dirtbikes for a long time and want to take the experience to the street. This is my first bike, so I am looking at 600cc bikes to start off with. Like it says in the title, I have 4000 to spend and no more. I am leaning toward Honda and Yamaha bikes because their cars and dirtbikes have always done me well in the past. I don't have a specific model in mind, I just want to make sure I buy something that has been taken care of and is reliable for me to learn to ride responsibly. Please, no stretched and chromed out bikes! I'm in for a learning experience so something flashy will do me no good if I lay it down sometime. Anyway, let me know whats out there!

Thanks
Do yourself a favor and get a 500 cc bike like a Ninja 500 or a 650 twin(Ninja 650 or a SV650) and stay away from the SS bikes and invest in good gear. Take the MSF class. You should never start off on a 600 SS bike as your first bike. You need to learn how to ride on the street and how to develop you skills and how to react when you give it the wrong inputs. You can not respect a bike either despite what other say.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

Thanks
Just go to dealer and buy a NEW ninja 250. They look HOT as shit and they are really great to learn on and when you feel like you are ready to move up to a bigger bike you will get 90% of your money back. Here is a pic of one and they sell for around 3500 new!!!!!!

Old 05-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Registered member

vtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by jebsurf
Just go to dealer and buy a NEW ninja 250. They look HOT as shit and they are really great to learn on and when you feel like you are ready to move up to a bigger bike you will get 90% of your money back. Here is a pic of one and they sell for around 3500 new!!!!!!

Old 05-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Jump In

integra-t has disabled reputation

That bike is definitely good looking. I appreciate everybody's input too! You guys are a big help. I have ridden a 600 and it didn't seem too bad to me. My dirtbike is also practically a 550 with all of the mods it has so I am no newcomer to alot of power on two wheels and how to ride a fast bike. I do realize, however, that street riding is much different. You guys are definitely a helping hand in my decision making! I'm pretty sure I can handle one of these bad boys though...my intent is to get good gas mileage on my commute, not doing wheelies on the interstate!

bump
Old 05-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Spoken like a niave new rider, you have so much to learn it is not funny. Just get what you want. How about a GSXR 1000? Why you even bothered to make the thread is beyond me. Good luck.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Registered member

gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns

this looks like the way to go for sure if it is only 3500 i didnt know they were that cheap sure its plenty fast too... good luck though man be safe out there! be smart
Old 05-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu

That bike is definitely good looking. I appreciate everybody's input too! You guys are a big help. I have ridden a 600 and it didn't seem too bad to me. My dirtbike is also practically a 550 with all of the mods it has so I am no newcomer to alot of power on two wheels and how to ride a fast bike. I do realize, however, that street riding is much different. You guys are definitely a helping hand in my decision making! I'm pretty sure I can handle one of these bad boys though...my intent is to get good gas mileage on my commute, not doing wheelies on the interstate!

bump
I suggest something smaller, but like everyone else with money to spend, get what you want.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:23 PM
No

Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64

Thats really bad ass man... Makes me want to buy a bike! Only 4,000ish at the dealer.

Quick Reply: My First Sportbike! $4000 to spend