Notices
Motorcycles & Parts Anything with 2 wheels and related parts.

Looking for a motor, Anything cheap!

Old 02-14-2009, 08:25 PM
Anti "DONK"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShortyzKustomz has disabled reputation
Default Looking for a motor, Anything cheap!

Hey looking at picking up an old honda chopper frame, lookin for motor and trans options cheap, Willl consider anything thats cheap, Im all about different so throw it out there

Name: Shorty
Old 02-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Show-lo car

nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2
Default Re: Looking for a motor, Anything cheap!

damm.. i just sold my VFR 750cc V-4 block for 100 bux
Old 02-15-2009, 07:36 AM
Gerber

Lil' G is an unknown quantity at this point

define cheap
Old 02-16-2009, 11:21 AM
Anti "DONK"

Well depends on what it is, if I can find a motor and trans setup together I can spend a little more, Its a budget project so even if its an old bike thats wrecked with a decent drivetrain I'lll consider it
Old 02-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Gerber

Lil' G is an unknown quantity at this point

i got a 04 R1 motor with bout 2K miles .. $800
Old 02-16-2009, 01:30 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

pretty much any jap bike motor has the motor/trans as a single unit. the only bikes you're likely to come across with a separate motor/trans are big twin harley's and ooooold triumphs.

I have an XS650 yamaha (same motor that's in my chop) motor that needs the top end rebuilt (at least 1st OS pistons/rings and a bore job) the bottom end is fine, the head is fine, and it's complete other than the left side engine cover. The motor is apart (and in my kitchen, lol) so you can see the condition of everything. I was going to build a motor for Maxton out of it, but plans changed, and it's just takin up space. $100 and it's yours. I can hook you up on the cylinder boring too if you want.

I have a set of 38mm XS650 carbs I'll give you with it for another 20 bucks. I got a set of mikuni roundslides for my bike, so I don't need em any more.

getting my motor into a honda chopper frame (assuming it's a frame meant for a CB750, most of em are) is reeeeally easy. I've put a cb750 motor into a chop frame meant for an XS650, so doing the reverse can't be much harder.

putting a separate motor/trans into a frame meant for damn near any honda would require ALOT of work, as I GUARANTEE the backbone is in the way and is going to need some major surgery to make fit.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Anti "DONK"

Well Im still finding out details on the frame, I havent picked it up yet, guy is supposed to call me tomorrow night, According to the ad its a Honda 450 frame but this is a long term project and I have a welder and anything else I need to make it happen, hit me up with a PM with details on the motor, still new to the bike motors (not to riding or car motors) but did alot of old vdub motors which are kinda the same design. But yeah hit me up I'd like to see what we can work out.And maybe you could lemme know what kinda wiring etc would be required to make it work. Keep offers coming though

Last edited by ShortyzKustomz; 02-16-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:02 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

tell you what, if you're up for it, and you pay for the parts (piston kit and gaskets, etc) I'll be happy to do the labor (that's what I do) so you'll have a turn key motor. the 450 was a parallel twin if my memory serves me right, so it wouldn't be hard to fit the XS motor into your frame, since the XS has similar dimensions, and the same motor configuration.

as far as the wiring, it's a points motor, so it literally only takes 3 wires to make it run, 5 to make it charge, and a few more for lighting. Lord knows I've hand wired enough bikes to make it easy on you. you start jumping into EFI motors and you're looking at a wiring nightmare, at best. hell, my bike has a grand total of 14 wires, lol.

do you have pics of the frame? kinda curious as to making an exhaust fit, etc.

I dig making parts fit that they were never designed to fit, so if you need a hand, by all means, let me know.

Last edited by skr00zloose; 02-16-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Anti "DONK"

I have the pic from the for sale ad, hopefully picking it up this week, I also like making stuff work that never should haha, Heres a picture from the ad and I'll getcha some more as soon as I talk to the guy tomorrow and pick it up, def lemme know you might be my guiding light haha, All my friends are either old school Harley or Sport bike, I've done sport bike now I wanna be different

Old 02-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Anti "DONK"

Picked it up today def need to take it into work and sandblast it to see what Im working with, Got alot of work ahead of me thats for sure Havent heard from you on the 650, Im def interested

Quick Reply: Looking for a motor, Anything cheap!