Notices
Motorcycles & Parts Anything with 2 wheels and related parts.

2005 Kawasaki 636 (candy plasma blue)

Old 11-17-2013, 05:24 AM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default 2005 Kawasaki 636 (candy plasma blue)

Name: Adam
Means of contact: private message, or reply to thread
Price: $4000

I have a 2005 Kawasaki ZX6R/636 (Candy Plasma Blue in color) that I'm considering finding a new home for. This motorcycle and I have had a lot of good times together, and I certainly don't WANT to get rid of her, but my current circumstances have changed my attitude a little bit and I'd like to see her go to a new owner that's going to take care of her like I always did.

The mods that come to mind are as follow:

- Vortex frame sliders
- 6000k plug-and-play HID's
- Flush mount smoked turn signals
- Spools
- Carbon fiber tank protector
- Motovation weighted bar-ends. These were roughly $75 alone I think
- Fender eliminator with short stalk signals
- Jardine dual-outlet RT-One exhaust (carbon fiber)
- Tapeworks reflective blue rim stripes that match the bike
- Michelin Pilot Power tires, front and rear.
- Powdercoated passenger pegs to match the frame
- Smoked Puig double bubble windscreen

The downside is that she's been sitting indoors for a few years since I highsided. I hit a patch of gravel doing about 30mph in the mountain and it caused me to highside... The right rearset (rear brake pedal) broke, as did the mirror. There's minor damage to the right fairings, and I think a very small dent in the left side of the fuel tank from what I believe was my boot hitting it. Weighted bar end is scuffed, and the frame sliders and spools took a beating. All in all, the bike is straight and really only needs a battery, fluid flush, and right rearset to hit the road. I've owned a lot of motorcycles over the years, and this was by far the most excellent machine I've ever owned or ridden. Yes, there's a little bit of cosmetic damage, but new plastics are not expensive or difficult to get ahold of--and it's a good opportunity to upgrade the rearsets anyway.

So, for those of you who are interested in owning a beautiful machine, tell me what you've got. I'd like to sell it outright for the right (reasonable) price, but I'm also interested in trading for something (or multiple things) that I could make good use of instead of having the motorcycle sitting for an unknown amount of time. I'm pretty certain that I will keep it and get it back to 100%, but I'm very much interested in seeing what kind of trades I can get. I'd consider pretty much anything, or even multiple trades.

Last edited by VanillaThrilla; 11-17-2013 at 02:12 PM. Reason: pictures weren't working
Old 11-17-2013, 02:15 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: 2005 Kawasaki 636 (candy plasma blue)

The last two pictures were taken prior to the Jardine Dual Outlet RT-One exhaust being installed...
Attached Thumbnails 2005 Kawasaki 636 (candy plasma blue)-img2577v.jpg   2005 Kawasaki 636 (candy plasma blue)-img2579ru.jpg   2005 Kawasaki 636 (candy plasma blue)-img2581hm.jpg   2005 Kawasaki 636 (candy plasma blue)-img2583y.jpg   2005 Kawasaki 636 (candy plasma blue)-img2586g.jpg  

2005 Kawasaki 636 (candy plasma blue)-mykawi.jpg   2005 Kawasaki 636 (candy plasma blue)-img2587z.jpg   2005 Kawasaki 636 (candy plasma blue)-mykawi2.jpg  
Old 11-21-2013, 03:27 AM
wub wub wub wub

FYI, OE battery at Star City Powersports in Roanoke, VA was quoted at less than $70 new. I believe it was $58 or $68 if I'm not mistaken. A battery, a cheap $20-30 rearset, and a change of fluids and you're good to go. Everything else is minor cosmetics.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:40 PM
wub wub wub wub

Bump! I know there's not a lot of activity in this classified section, but bumping should make it relevant in new posts section.

Trades? Cash? LMK!
Old 11-29-2013, 08:12 AM
SUPERCHARGED

2.4vbcobaltss has disabled reputation

Would you trade for a fully built all motor b20v 95 coupe?
Old 11-29-2013, 03:02 PM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by 2.4vbcobaltss
Would you trade for a fully built all motor b20v 95 coupe?
PM'd. Probably not interested, but I'd like to know more about it before I say for sure. Never the less, thanks for the interest
Old 12-02-2013, 03:04 PM
wub wub wub wub

Bump!
Old 12-07-2013, 04:55 AM
wub wub wub wub

Looking for a daily driver here.. Not a race car, or a project that's half finished.

Daily driving my TJ is hard on it. I'll be more open minded about trades than I have been in the past, but I know what I don't want.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:31 PM
wub wub wub wub

$3800?
Old 12-13-2013, 09:27 AM
wub wub wub wub

Bump!

Quick Reply: 2005 Kawasaki 636 (candy plasma blue)