Notices
Import - EUROPE Vehicles from European manufacturers go here.

1996 BMW 328is s52 m3 swap 332is

Old 09-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
325issguy has disabled reputation
Default 1996 BMW 328is s52 m3 swap 332is

Name: Chris Hall
Means of contact: 757-672-2260 call or text
Price: $5300 OBO

Description:
Up for sale is my 1996 BMW 328is with a 3.2 S52 m3 engine and transmission swapped into it. The car has a lightweight flywheel as well. I got the car from the second owner since the swap. I cleaned it up since purchase, refreshed all maintenance. Changed oil and put new spark plugs in and the car started up and ran great. Ticking sound from before was gone due to the PO having a loose spark plug. I have owned the car for a year and daily driven it for 9 months. The car has bilstein sport shocks and HR race springs if I remember correctly when I checked. The stereo needs to be rewired but I will try and have that done this weekend.

Engine is a s52 from a 3.2 m3. Car starts up and runs great every time. Have daily driven the car for the past year and put around 10k miles on the car in this time. It has never let me down until just recently the slave cylinder blew. Replaced the unit with a used m3 unit. Will more than likely have a new 325 slave installed before purchase which is a nice upgrade for cars with aftermarket clutches. Clutch could use a little more bleeding which will be taken care of this week. Was planning on cleaning the car up and possibly keeping it, however I am getting my e30 out of paint in the next few weeks and want to free up some money for the build. Realistically the car needs nothing to be driven every day for the next year.

The car looks pretty decent overall, but is definately not a show car. The hood and passenger fender appear to have been replaced, and the hood is rough in a few spots. Both bumpers could also use a touch up as the clear coat is a bit foggy on them. However, throw paint on the hood and bumpers and you have one clean e36!!! Car has all but one m3 side mouldings. Has set of borbet rims on it I believe, if buyer has own set we can work on the price. The tires have all been replaced in the last 6 months. The interior actually is pretty clean, I just pulled the dash to replaced the trim that holds the stereo in as it was broken when I got the car. Not perfect but definately better than 90% of the e36 interiors I have seen out there. Airbag light stays on for first minute or so when you start the car, problem that is common with these cars. The front seats could use replacement though, I am leaving this up to buyer to pick m3 seats and finish the car.

Don't miss this opportunity to get into a nice M3 swapped car and save on insurance costs!!! With a little paint, some seats, and a few minor touches you could have one of the nicer e36's in the area. Asking 5400 OBO. More negotiable as some of the problems mentioned have not been fixed yet. As problems are repaired the price will firm up. Please contact me call or text anytime at 757six72two260.
Pictures http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/3258408799.html