Notices
Import - ASIA Vehicles from Japanese, Korean, Chinese(?) manufacturers go here.

FS: 1995 Isuzu Rodeo LS V6 4WD - $2500 Loaded Leather - Fairfax, VA

Old 05-17-2007, 07:04 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan
Default FS: 1995 Isuzu Rodeo LS V6 4WD - $2500 Loaded Leather - Fairfax, VA

SOLD

Last edited by AuburnRyan; 12-06-2007 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:12 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: FS: 1995 Isuzu Rodeo LS V6 4WD - $2500 Loaded Leather - Fairfax, VA

Sunroof?
Old 05-17-2007, 07:20 AM
Registered Member

AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan

yep Glass Sunroof flips (tilts) up like an s13 240sx - or can be removed. i.e. It's not power but it's factory...

Cliff notes- good clean reliable car, needs brake pads F/R soon. I will provide rear ceramic pads and rotors just picked up form advance. Can tow your track car or daily drive.

Last edited by AuburnRyan; 05-17-2007 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:39 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Mechanically, everything is in good shape other than the brakes? A/C blow cold? Does anything, whatsoever, need any sort of replacement or repair other than the brakes?
Old 05-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Registered Member

Top of the line LS model includes:
3.2 V6 motor
Chrome accents (bumper, wheel arches, mirrors)
Optional 16" alloy wheels with 245/70/16 (New Bridgestone A/t Revo tires)
Leather Interior (very rare in a rodeo)
Alarm with remote door lock/unlock
Power door locks
Power windows
HEATED side mirrors
working COLD A/C
Flip-up sunroof
New 5,000 lb hitch (500 lb tounge weight) purchased 4/2006, used to tow 600 lb jet ski twice.
and more...

The vehicle is clean and in nice shape for a 1995.

Maintenance/Records:
I have all records form the original owner - about 2" worth of paper, including the original window sticker showing a near $30k sticker price.
This vehicle is well maintained by both me and local mechanics. All engine fluids are fresh and show the correct color. Original owner had timing belt replaced around 125k miles in 2005, just before my purchase.
New Bridgestone A/T Revo Tires 245/70/16 XL (Excellent tires- quiet, smooth on the road, but handle snow ice, and rain confidently. Will buy these again)
New engine fan clutch 8/05
New Bosch Alternator 1/07
New Bosch 0xygen Sensor 10/06
Fresh brake Fluid 10/06
ATF (Auto Transmission) Fluid (note this model has a transmission dipstick to check fluid, some later rodeos did not) - changed 5k miles ago 6/2006
Oil - Along with original records, I have been changing the oil with 5-30 synthetic Mobil 1 since I've had the vehicle every 3k miles. I also ahve flushed the oil with "Seafoam" and CRC engine flush twice (cleans carbon and junk from engine)
Spark plugs replaced 2/2006
The vehicle is well maintained - tons of records and shows good care.

Overall - The vehicle is solid and strong. The engine and transmission work great and are reliable.

Issues or "used Vehicle Character":

1. Brakes - The brakes were great last year and have declined in performance since as they need new pads front and rear soon. I purchased NEW rear rotors and ceramic pads and will provide then with the vehicle (Install price from a mechanic should be around $50). The vehicle is safe to be driven and stops, but the pads do need to be replaced soon.

The above is the only outstanding issue which NEEDS to be addressed, the below issues are simply annoyances and the vehicle can be driven with them.

2. Lifter tap (light tapping sound from engine), the vehicle emits the usual "lifter tap" associated with Rodeo's/Passport's . It can be noticed at idle with the windows down sometimes, but can't be heard with the windows up, or driving. There are online remedies listed form chagine oil weight to other procedures, but they typically only alleviate the issue, and it has no bearing on the reliability of the engine. "It's been there from about 50k miles" said the original owner. - Certainly as long as I've owned the truck

3. Rear ABS dash light. Intermittently comes on and then goes off after 10 minutes of driving. I believe it's a $50 speed sensor, which may just need to be cleaned. It may also be because the rear pads are low - replacing the pads may fix the issue?

4. When I changed the spark plugs in 2006, I noticed a little oil around the old plugs. It does not seem to affect performance of the engine - but means that the valve cover gasket (spark plug tubes) could stand to be replaced. I've not bothered with that as the vehicle starts and drives fine.

5. Rear Passenger side corner was hit in New York City 1/1/06. Pictured in album. Witness saw a car hit my parked vehicle in the rear left corner at about 10 mph. It dented and scraped the rear lower fender behind the rear wheel arch. It also bent the exhaust tail pipe - my mechanic removed the bent portion of the tail pipe to fix. I just sanded the area and sprayed with close paint match to prevent rust. Then, last summer, a lady in a drive-thru misjudged a turn and hit the same spot at 1 mph, scraping off some of my paint. I can sand and respray to get the rust spot off.

That's it, I've taken my time explaining the condition and all of my knowledge about the car. It is in good shape for a 1995, has GREAT new tires. If the brake pads were replaced - I'd drive it to California tomorrow without hesitation.

Last edited by AuburnRyan; 05-17-2007 at 09:14 AM.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:03 AM
Registered Member

chucky22 is a splendid one to beholdchucky22 is a splendid one to beholdchucky22 is a splendid one to beholdchucky22 is a splendid one to beholdchucky22 is a splendid one to beholdchucky22 is a splendid one to beholdchucky22 is a splendid one to behold

very specific good thread pmed btw

Last edited by chucky22; 05-17-2007 at 08:03 AM. Reason: pmed
Old 05-17-2007, 08:33 AM
Registered Member

What I'd do:

In the next 300 miles: change pads/ resurface or replace rotors (new rear set already included).

To drive another few years: Replace valve cover gasket. *Sometimes* smell oil burning on hot engine/plugs? minor leak from back of engine when I park on incline at my parents house - no oil apparent when parked flat in my lot. My guess is valve cover gasket since I saw oil on plugs as well. Could be anything - you're welcome to check (I can't see where it's coming from).

Ignore the abs light - it's intermittent and goes off (i.e. in December I drove it for 15mins and then got my VA inspection once it turns off) No issue in normal driving. Again this could be a sensor or jsut triping becase the rear pads had no meat. However I lean towards the sensor as it's done it since I bought the vehicle - but the pads may have been low all along...your guess as good as mine but google reveals it's common and fixed by one of the two solution I listed usually.

Ignore the valve tap - fact of life in these cars.

Enjoy it - gas isn't too bad, you can tow, have space to store stuff. 4wd works great. This thing trumps my 2001 3.5 LE pathfinder I used to own in everything except for looking new. The pathfindiner SUCKED in snow - I'm sure do to the crappy tires it had. In the rodeo this year I passed stuck SUV's/cars on about a 40 degree icy hill. Cars were stopped and sliding downthe hill from their own wight and I had total control to maneuver and grip - probably could've towed someone up that hill.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Registered Member

4drjdmteg has disabled reputation

are you open to any trades at all
Old 05-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Registered Member

calgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond repute

How's the gas mileage? I see you said its not too bad, but do you know a rough MPG it's getting?
Old 05-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Registered Member

I haven't done the math at the pump recently, but averaged about 23 mpg on the last tank I drove on a highway trip I measured last year. I've driven it 5 days a week to work in winter and around town on the weekend with similar results to my '97 prelude...around a tank. Costs about $40 to fill up vs. the prelude $30 to fill. Takes regular gas, and I throw in a can of BG 44k for good measure in all my cars every year which help keep things clean.

Trades- maybe if it's CLEAN and near stock. I'm aiming to sell 2 cars and buy an e36 M3 to daily drive. The Rodeo is the first to go.

Last edited by AuburnRyan; 05-17-2007 at 05:56 PM.

Quick Reply: FS: 1995 Isuzu Rodeo LS V6 4WD - $2500 Loaded Leather - Fairfax, VA