Notices
Import - ASIA Vehicles from Japanese, Korean, Chinese(?) manufacturers go here.

EF hatch w/ GSR swap, lots of new parts

Old 03-04-2008, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rustytoy has disabled reputation
Arrow EF hatch w/ GSR swap, lots of new parts

Doug's the name
Dumfries, VA
Asking $3600 obo.

You may recognize this from a while ago on these very boards. Well, it's in much better mechanical condition now and no worse anywhere.

1988 Honda Civic Hatch-back, NO RUST, striped interior, no AC no P/S. Starts, runs and drives STRONG. Tons of new parts.

-B18C1 w/ chipped ecu (under 100k miles) good mounts and linkage. Swap parts are first rate.
-LS cable trans w/ new clutch, short shifter (NO GRINDS!) comes with a set of poly shifter bushings if you like.
-Short ram intake and a DC sports 4-2-1 header to a NEW magnaflow catalytic converter and a generic cat-back exhaust.
-Suspension is set up with Eibach sport springs and some new(er) shocks. The steering started out loose and a bit scary but I put a lot into it and it's firm and responsive now. No confidence issues at any speed.

NEW Windshield
NEW 205/50-15 Falkens on LS mesh wheels.
NEW Paint
NEW Corner lights (need to adjust their position a bit as you can see)
NEW Catalytic Converter
NEW Coil, ignitor, cap and rotor (runs like a champ)
NEW Upper control arms w/ ball joints
NEW Battery
NEW Inner AND outer tie rod ends, rack boots and alignment.
Vehicle comes with new lower ball joints and sway bar links uninstalled, they're not necessary but I got a good price on them as a package with the other stuff.

BG44K in the tank as I write this. Just changed the oil. Has good (stock) brakes. It will pass an emissions inspection no problem. Fix the driver's door handle (needs a return spring) and install a reverse, high beam and corner light bulb (comes with them all) and it's ready for safety.

I bought this a short while ago as a project and have put ALOT of time and money in it to get it up to spec. The motor and trans are in great shape. It doesn't stop pulling at any (reasonable) speed in any gear. Plenty of torque and sub-2000lbs WITH the swap. Good oil pressure and compression. Comes with oil pressure, air-fuel and voltage gauges.

Again, bought as a project, invested too much and now need to get out from under it. My wife needs a new car and I don't drive this enough. I spend all my time wrenching on it ("well, if I'm doing xxx I might as well do xxx while I'm at it"). Come check it out. It's reliable but noisy, fast and diminutive. It's definitely daily-drivable.

I am an ASE master certified mechanic. This thing runs right. Understand that it has no rear interior and a lot of wind noise at high speeds. It's a beast but not a tame one. No power steering or air conditioning; no back seats, no complaints. It has a CD player, speakers, and a dash, an Integra steering wheel (with tilt), a console, SI gauge cluster and 96 civic seats (if you're concerned that there's nothing at all in there).

Call Doug at (281)691-0393 for details. I'm really only available to show the car on weekends. Price is best offer but certainly worth what I'm asking to the right buyer.

The seriously interested should call me, any other details or questions email to me or post 'em up here. PM, email or call with offers, please don't post those here.

More and better pics to come. (the engine pic is during coil/ignitor/cap/rotor replacement as you can see)

Last edited by Rustytoy; 03-04-2008 at 03:03 PM. Reason: location added
Old 03-04-2008, 02:30 PM

Default Re: EF hatch w/ GSR swap, lots of new parts

pics coming

Last edited by Rustytoy; 03-04-2008 at 03:40 PM. Reason: pics
Old 03-04-2008, 03:39 PM

it turns out that i'm a moron. enjoy the pics
Attached Thumbnails EF hatch w/ GSR swap, lots of new parts-ad22.jpg   EF hatch w/ GSR swap, lots of new parts-dcc0.jpg   EF hatch w/ GSR swap, lots of new parts-3878.jpg   EF hatch w/ GSR swap, lots of new parts-98d2.jpg  
Old 03-05-2008, 06:26 PM

Very late bump. Tires have four certificates for free replacement, no questions asked, from discounttiredirect.com If anything "happens" to them they'll ship you a new one free of charge. I've had several people contact me. It's best to call. Thanks for looking
Old 03-06-2008, 01:40 PM

Several PMs for trades. Sorry guys and gals, no trades. The only reason this is being sold is that I have too many cars and can't really keep a project.

Lots of interior condition questions as well. The rear is striped but all the trim pieces are there. The front carpet is original (worn out) and the driver's seat is torn. The driver's door has a patch missing from the window area. The dash and console are complete. The headliner is intact and does not hang. It has some project left in it but nothing that takes a great deal of money, just time.

The exterior was reassembled in haste after being painted. As such, it could use some TLC in the adjustment department but, again, requires only an afternoon; no dough. I will post a better picture of the rear bumper fill piece that is missing.

I stand by the mechanics and chassis as the selling points because they are excellent. Even if your plans were to pull the drivetrain and sell the shell, you'd be pressed to find a shell with less rust. I'll post more stuff if any questions are asked of me privately. Full disclosure here, fire away... Thanks again for looking.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:30 PM
I <3 757

ridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to allridinboost757 is a name known to all

Hey, I'm Brian I called you yesterday about the car, If you still have the car within the next week or two mabey we can work somthing out because I still need to go check with the bank and talk to the parents.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:46 AM
*Mr. Boosty Pants*

JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX

i will vouche for this car, my buddies old car, they completely stripped the exterior patch panels in rear where rust was, so it was fixed correctly, car runs like a bat out of hell, plus since u've fixed the minor issues with the car u should beable to get what ur asking no problem, g/l with the sale

-Ryan
Old 03-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Don't quit!

Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia

Wow I remember this car. It looks a lot like my hatch now. Trust that this shit is swift. Good luck on the sale.

Last edited by Somalia; 03-07-2008 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Registered member

cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough

This makes me miss my old EF

Mine was white with meshes too

gl on the sale, i wish i had the moneyz
Old 03-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Registered Member

jdmeffury has disabled reputation

Vouche for this car it is quick as shit and fun as hell to drive i miss my old hatch good luck on sale bro

Aarron-

Quick Reply: EF hatch w/ GSR swap, lots of new parts