Notices
Import - ASIA Vehicles from Japanese, Korean, Chinese(?) manufacturers go here.

2002 subaru wrx stage 2 cobb, invidia, gsc and more (trades welcome)

Old 12-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
laxton has disabled reputation
Default Re: 2002 subaru wrx stage 2 cobb, invidia, gsc and more (trades welcome)

Checked civic
Old 12-30-2012, 07:28 AM
Registered member

Skatingapple757 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 2002 subaru wrx stage 2 cobb, invidia, gsc and more (trades welcome)

Just saying. If your running in cobb.
They make free tunes with your mods. Just saying
Old 12-31-2012, 07:24 AM
Registered Member

RSX_FTW is infamous around these partsRSX_FTW is infamous around these partsRSX_FTW is infamous around these partsRSX_FTW is infamous around these partsRSX_FTW is infamous around these partsRSX_FTW is infamous around these partsRSX_FTW is infamous around these partsRSX_FTW is infamous around these partsRSX_FTW is infamous around these partsRSX_FTW is infamous around these partsRSX_FTW is infamous around these parts

Also to elaborate on ^^^, if you're running a stage 2 Cobb map, its already tuned for a turboback exhaust.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:17 AM
Registered member

Read cobbs site.. Its requriments are cat back exhaust and no they do not offer free tunes for my mods, they offer free "one tune fits all type" tunes.. Run Cobb stage 2 with NO CATS PERIOD and see if it doesn't throw off your tune.... Besides, are you interested in buying or trading?? Didn't think so, gtfo my thread
"just saying"
Thanks
Old 12-31-2012, 10:40 AM
Registered Member

RSX_FTW is infamous around these partsRSX_FTW is infamous around these partsRSX_FTW is infamous around these partsRSX_FTW is infamous around these partsRSX_FTW is infamous around these partsRSX_FTW is infamous around these partsRSX_FTW is infamous around these partsRSX_FTW is infamous around these partsRSX_FTW is infamous around these partsRSX_FTW is infamous around these partsRSX_FTW is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by laxton
Read cobbs site.. Its requriments are cat back exhaust and no they do not offer free tunes for my mods, they offer free "one tune fits all type" tunes.. Run Cobb stage 2 with NO CATS PERIOD and see if it doesn't throw off your tune.... Besides, are you interested in buying or trading?? Didn't think so, gtfo my thread
"just saying"
Thanks
No I'm not interested.... I had a silver 03, now I have an 04 Sti and an 04 forester xt. My Sti is opensource with about every bolt on you can get and my forester is COBB STAGE 3 off the shelf. My forester has 04 Sti header, vf48 (08 Sti), 04 Sti tmic, aftermarket catless uppipe, and 3 inch catless turboback exhaust. It runs fine and haven't lost a race or had any issues what so ever and I constantly monitor everything and it is typical Cobb safe/rich. We were trying to help you sell your car by telling you it is fine with the Cobb map and doesn't need a tune unless you have something else going on with your car. If you were correct, the only difference in turboback vs catback (with stock cat) would be quicker spool and slightly higher boost which isn't even a common issue on td04 and usually only becomes a "problem" on catless sti's.

Btw, forester was stage 1 immediately after I bought it, and stage 2 shortly after with the same exhaust I'm running now. I never once had an issue. All were with the same Cobb ap v2. My 03 Wrx was Cobb stage 2 as well with erz catless uppipe, and dc sports catless turboback, again NEVER had any issues.

Just to go out of my way to prove my point, taken directly from cobbs website under tune notes (source: https://static.cobbtuning.com/cobbtu..._WRX_02-05.pdf ) :
 Stage2 93 v310
o Fuel Requirements: 93 - 94 octane or better
o Intake Requirements: Stock airbox or COBB Tuning SF Intake
o Exhaust Requirements: Upgraded turbo-back exhaust
o Boost Targets: ~17.0psi peak boost pressure tapering down to ~12.0psi by the 7250RPM redline, +/- 1.0 psi

Gtfo my thread just saying thanks

Last edited by RSX_FTW; 12-31-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:51 PM
Registered member

My car has slight boost spikes and never done it untill I went to full 3" catless.. It needs a better tune. I'm not going to sell someone something that needs a better tune and tell them "sure everything is perfect" when I know myself its not. You may not care that your car has boost issues and isn't 100% perfect but as for me.. I do. I just want people to know that its not 100%. I never ask for advice on how to sell my car or what tune I should run. Since your a huge subi fan you should know that these cars are tricky and not every one is alike. You may do mods to one car and get 300whp with no issues what so ever and do the EXACT same mods to another and get 285whp with cels and boost problems. You don't know my car and have never driven it... I just want whoever is actually interested in my car to know what I personally think it needs from driving it every day.
Thanks for your input and comments
This convo is over with u.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:23 PM
Registered Member

To help you better understand your issue, it is mainly on sti's (vf39 or bigger with internal wastegate), but the removal of the downstream catalytic converter is what is causing your spike. There are aftermarket catted downpipes if its an issue. If you're set on staying catless then basically an external wastegate would be needed to completely solve it. You could also look into a manual boost controller which would be best for the particular issue, or a 3 port electronic boost control solenoid. Also, as I said, sure there may be a small increase in boost, BUT Cobb ots maps are rich enough to where you won't get knock/detonation/engine or piston failure. Sure every subaru or car for that matter is different, but what you're describing is the norm. You didn't ask for help, and I by no means forced it on you, but that isn't a cause for you to reply like a total dickhead from a harmless comment fueled by good intentions. The way you posted sounded like it was/would hurt your sale or your asking price so I was merely trying to do you a favor. I'm sorry for knowing wtf I'm talking about and didnt realize some sellers get their panties in a wad when people try to help their sale.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:06 AM
Registered member

Skatingapple757 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by laxton
"just saying"
Thanks
ive owned an 07 wrx and 04 sti... all cobb maps. catless.. you are just a dumb ass and dont know what your talking about... you have only posted this car previous times with excuses of in need of a tune when you had messed up heads... dont try and talk like you are educated in what your talking about ..

GTFO of this shit.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Registered member

Up
Old 01-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Registered member

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 2002 subaru wrx stage 2 cobb, invidia, gsc and more (trades welcome)