Notices
Import - ASIA Vehicles from Japanese, Korean, Chinese(?) manufacturers go here.

1996 VSM Honda Civic DX Hatch - GREAT ON GAS

Old 06-27-2008, 07:52 AM
EMF Member #12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond repute
Default 1996 VSM Honda Civic DX Hatch - GREAT ON GAS

Name: John Curd
Means of Contact:
PM me or Email me: johnkangcurd@gmail.com
Description & reason for selling:

I purchased this car to daily around the city because it is small, gets great gas mileage, and I could easily swap power options into it. However, when I got the car, I was told the slave cylinder was leaking when in actuality it needed a new trans. I just replaced the trans (and slave cylinder), did a power window conversion (going to do the locks soon as well).

I also was told the car has cold, working, A/C. The A/C was just recharged according to the original owner. It blew cold on the way home, but then a couple days later, no more nice cold A/C. I'm guessing the condenser has a leak. I'll be checking it out and fixing it soon. However, all A/C components are still there!

Edit:
(7/11/08) Well, I recharged the AC over a week ago and it is still blowing cold. I'll keep everyone updated.
(7/20/08) AC is still blowing cold!

I recently adopted a dog and could use something with more room and a back seat. So, this needs to go!
1996 Honda Civic
DX Trim
Hatchback
VSM (Silver)
5-speed
~176k miles
Mods:
JVC head unit (Brand new)
Kenwood 6.5" front door speakers (Brand new)
Kenwood 6"x9" rear speakers (Brand new)
Form and Function Supension
ASR Subframe w/24mm ASR Sway Bar
JDM Thin Moldings
BLOX Lugnuts
Mazda Miata Wheels
Fresh CX Transmission (no grinds, super tall gears for great highway mileage)
Brand new clutch slave cylinder
Power door conversion (see description below)
The bad:
Could use paint (car is 12 years old and the hood is primered)
Some dents and dings
Missing most of the hardware to mount the rear seats
Missing rear seat belts
Speedometer doesn't work sometimes. (resolving this soon with an EX cluster)
A/C is not blowing cold - Read description above
The holes on the ends of the bumper are ripped (I think they are supposed to be holes), so it sags a bit.
Power door conversion:
I bought the car with manual doors. I picked up some SI doors, bought a brand new OEM Honda Civic EX floor harness, power window relay, and then went to work. I ripped out the old DX floor harness (which is still pretty much in tact and will be included with the sale), installed the new EX harness, clipped everything into factory mounting locations.

I plugged everything together, but couldn't get the door locks to work. Not a big deal. I then decided, why the hell do I have these black doors on the car? So, i took the black SI doors off the car, and swapped the SI stuff into the silver DX doors. I noticed there was no power door lock control box there!

So, I am ordering one of those and swapping all of the power lock stuff over soon as well. All these parts (except the donor SI doors) are brand new from a Honda dealership. I didn't want to do all of this work and have used, junkyard parts fail on me. Once I complete the power lock conversion, the price will go up a bit.

I also have the parts to the alarm that was on the car before I did the harness swap. It is the Viper alarm with the two way pager. If you are good with installing alarms or know someone who is, you can remove it from the existing floor harness and reinstall it. It comes with the car.

SOLD
No rush to sell.

Pictures:
(Please note, I have the side skirts and will be putting them on this weekend. I just ordered new clips to hold them on since the ones that were on it were busted to hell.)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...03&id=81900530

Last edited by brnzbuddha; 08-01-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:31 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite
Default Re: 1996 VSM Honda Civic DX Hatch - GREAT ON GAS

I'm going to be looking for a daily in decent shape in about a month when I get back there. If you've still got it in August, I'd like to take a look.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:41 PM
EMF Member #12

brnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:38 AM
EMF Member #12

Price edited and I will be uploading pictures tonight.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:20 PM
EMF Member #12

Pictures added! Up!
Old 07-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Registered Member

jaredEK has disabled reputation

wanna sell the ASR subframe brace and swaybar?
Old 07-09-2008, 04:44 PM
EMF Member #12

Originally Posted by jaredEK
wanna sell the ASR subframe brace and swaybar?
No.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:51 PM
EMF Member #12

Up!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

I wish I didn't have the Jeep; I'd take it off yer hands.

Last edited by Flinch; 07-11-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:24 AM
EMF Member #12

You should buy it. 40mpg > 10 mpg.

Quick Reply: 1996 VSM Honda Civic DX Hatch - GREAT ON GAS