Notices
Import - ASIA Vehicles from Japanese, Korean, Chinese(?) manufacturers go here.

1992 Honda Prelude Si w/ JDM H22a

Old 06-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Not-So-Fatty McFat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC
Exclamation 1992 Honda Prelude Si w/ JDM H22a

* Name:
Adrian
* Means of Contact: PM

* Vehicle Year/Make/Model: 1992 Honda Prelude Si
* Miles: 246k miles on body, 55K on engine
* Price: $4500
* Title: Salvage or Clear? Clear and in hand

- Engine:
JDM H22a bought from JapanDirect
- Stereo & Nav: Aftermarket MP3/CD head unit with auxiliary (Ipod) input, aftermarket speakers all around
- Suspension: Energy suspension bushings all around. Koni-yellow struts with Eibach springs. Lowered approximately one inch.

The Good:
  • JDM H22 engine swap approximately 20K miles ago. I estimate there was 30-40K on the JDM motor when the swap was done. Motor runs perfectly and does not burn oil. Rated at 200 hp and 161 lb-ft torque. Car dynoed at 176 hp and 154 lb-ft torque. If dyno-tuned expect to see closer to 190 hp at the wheels. The torque is pretty much maxed out at 154.
  • Professionally tinted windows with lifetime warranty.
  • High intensity headlights.
  • Koni-yellow struts with Eibach springs. Lowered approximately one inch.
  • Aftermarket MP3/CD head unit with auxiliary (Ipod) input.
  • Aftermarket speakers all around.
  • Front strut-tower brace.
  • Energy suspension bushings all around.
  • Performance clutch and lightweight flywheel.
  • Chipped and socketed ECU with Chrome basemap. I planned on getting the car dyno-tuned but the basemap worked so well that I didn't bother.
  • Wrapped aftermarket header, custom 2.5" cat-back exhaust system, Tanabe muffler. Exhaust sounds mean but is not obnoxiously loud.
  • Ram air intake.
  • 300hp rated axles

Recently Replaced:
  • P/S rack
  • Wheel bearings
  • Front upper and lower ball joints
  • Tie rod ends
  • Front brakes
  • Windshield
  • Front seatbelts

The Bad:
The car could use a paint job.

This Honda classic is in excellent condition considering its age. The car runs great and everything works (A/C is incredibly cold). Very reliable and no mechanical problems. An absolute blast to drive. The only reason I am selling is I need something more practical and this Prelude gets me into too much trouble. Price is firm.

Check out Edmunds.com for the car features. This Prelude came will every option available including sunroof, leather seats and ABS. As with any 1992 car there are some cosmetic issues. The car could use a paint job. I had the money to get it painted but I focused my efforts on performance enhancement. If you are more interested in looks than performance I would take it to Maaco and buy some aftermarket wheels. The vehicle has never been wrecked. I am a mechanical engineer and I put myself through college as an auto mechanic. Car has never been taken to the track. If you are looking for near sports car performance at an affordable price you have found it. Serious buyers only.

Dyno Day @ Phantasm

Last edited by BLU CIVIC; 06-16-2009 at 04:48 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:49 AM
Not-So-Fatty McFat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC
Default Re: 1992 Honda Prelude Si w/ JDM H22a

ttt