Notices
Import - ASIA Vehicles from Japanese, Korean, Chinese(?) manufacturers go here.

1991 Toyota MR-2 Turbo T-Tops 107k mi

Old 03-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT
Default 1991 Toyota MR-2 Turbo T-Tops 107k mi

Name: Sean
Means of contact: PM or text (757)839-3632
Price: $ 6000 obo
Trades: Open

Description: What I have is a pretty rare example of an unmolested, low mileagle, original turbo MR-2 T-Top. Not the N/A conversion that you see all the time. The car is in great condition overall. The interior is pretty mint and the exterior looks good as well (slight fading in certain areas, but no oxidation.) It runs very well and is mechanically sound. Just yesterday it went on a 100 mile trip with no hiccups. However, the car does need a couple of inexpensive things. I am very upfront and honest so I will lay them out here.
Rear tires are in great shape, but front tires need to be replaced along with alignment (if I do fix this the price will go up)
Driver side window is slightly out of alignment (I have the diagram on how to fix it, but don't have the time. It rolls up and down fine.)
It also may need new struts $168 on ebay for KYB GR-2 OEM replacements, or if you want to mod the car here's an excuse for coilovers!
That is about it, otherwise this is a pretty rare find and includes the original T-Top covers and bags! Let me know if you have any other questions. I am flexible with the price, low ballers are welcome. I don't mind saying no, but don't get butt hurt.

Oh and of course, because it is the number one question; Why are you selling? I have a newborn that arrived on Sunday (this makes 2.) I don't really have the time or desire to mess around with cars anymore.
Pictures:

Last edited by BlackOnBlackGT; 03-03-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:49 PM
MINTYR

RC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: 1991 Toyota MR-2 Turbo T-Tops 107k mi

bump for a fellow mr2 owner
Old 03-02-2011, 04:32 PM

JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo

Very nice! I wish these people would hurry up with the closing of this house. I would be all over this! For the time being, I'll have to keep an eye on it. GLWS!!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Registered member

BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT

Thank you! Good luck to you also. Im not really in a rush (nothing like t-tops and the sound of a turbo spooling behind you on a warm spring day ) so if its still around and you're interested lmk!

Last edited by BlackOnBlackGT; 03-02-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Registered Member

rt.fontes has disabled reputation

trade for my corrado and I'll put some money on top?

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/import-europe-67/1990-vw-corrado-g60-385995/
Old 03-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Registered member

Gorgeous corrado I've always had a soft spot for them. How much cash were you thinking?
Old 03-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

rt.fontes has disabled reputation

well probably by the end of the week, about $1000. I've had to spend all my funds on restoring the car... I love MR2s and it's pretty hard to find one this pristine!
Old 03-02-2011, 05:54 PM

JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo

Originally Posted by BlackOnBlackGT
Thank you! Good luck to you also. Im not really in a rush (nothing like t-tops and the sound of a turbo spooling behind you on a warm spring day ) so if its still around and you're interested lmk!
Definitely interested! Hoping they get off their asses soon so I can move forward. I'll keep an eye on this...and hope it does not go away too quickly. In the mean time, I would like to take a closer look at it. I'm located in Chesapeake.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Registered Member

GavenL has disabled reputation

just bought one of these two days ago =)
also stock and in great condition.
145k miles, just got a few oxidation spots.

bump for a clean ass mr2
wish i saw this one two days ago!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by JoseCuervo
Definitely interested! Hoping they get off their asses soon so I can move forward. I'll keep an eye on this...and hope it does not go away too quickly. In the mean time, I would like to take a closer look at it. I'm located in Chesapeake.
Yeah definitely. When the closing finishes up send me a message and we will meet up!

Originally Posted by GavenL
just bought one of these two days ago =)
also stock and in great condition.
145k miles, just got a few oxidation spots.

bump for a clean ass mr2
wish i saw this one two days ago!
Congratulations! They are awesome cars! More time permitting I would be keeping this, but I know that in the future I can always get another one if I want to. It's hard to find them in good condition with low miles anymore though.

Quick Reply: 1991 Toyota MR-2 Turbo T-Tops 107k mi