Notices
Honda Vehicles from Honda/Acura ONLY go here. If you need to mention another make in your thread then it should go in this forum.

STERLING, VA: FS: 1992 Acura Integra GSR DB2 Frost White 99.5% original

Old 09-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hybridmoments has disabled reputation
Default STERLING, VA: FS: 1992 Acura Integra GS-R DB2 Frost White 99.5% original

Name: Stephen
Means of contact: email : xslothlovechunkx At AOL dot COM (PLEASE DO NOT Instant Message me on here)
Price: $2000/firm
NO BS. No Negotiating. NO TRADES. NO Scammers.
I will not ship the car ANYWHERE.
I will only take cash in person.
If you aren't prepared to bring $2000 cash with you then don't bother wasting your time.
i see shittier GSRs for sale that have been molested and missing all kinds of 'hard to find' parts for much more than i'm asking.

Description: 1992 Acura GS-R. Frost White. Right at 190k miles. 99.5 % original car. original B17a1 and trans.

If you plan to put on a stupid 5" tip N1 exhaust, paint the dash board yellow, or put retarded ricer stickers on the body, than please look elsewhere. i would like this car to go to someone that appreciates the rarity of an unmolested Honda. Possibly someone looking for a great autocross car that just needs to upgrade suspension and tires.

After 3 years of pestering my old boss I purchased my favorite car in the world about a year ago. At the time i had only an M3 and needed something to drive that winter. i drove the car for about a month and it has been sitting in my driveway ever since. I am fourth owner.

Car runs amazing. Pulls extremely hard and vtec works no problem. surprised by the torque after driving a 2100lb B20 track car for a few years.
I have too much going on now and hate to see the car sitting. I need to concentrate on finishing my track car for NASA Spec3. And there are still a few minor issues that need to be addressed with the car which i'm too lazy to fix. (I can't drive without A/C cause i'm a 6'4" fatty)

This is a great driving/handling car. Anyone that is slightly mechanically inclined will have this car 100% operational without much effort. You are not going to find another DB2 GS-R in this condition for $2000.
If i fixed the few issues left on the car i would be posting it for $3000, but i really just want to get it out of my driveway to make room for my Trailer and Spec3 car. Now that i have a truck i don't need a winter car.
Overall the paint is in better condition than 99% of 20 year old hondas on the road.
This is priced to sell. i will be loosing money based on what i paid for the car and the $700+ i spent on replacing parts and tires.
$2000 is my ROCK BOTTOM Pricing. any lower would be a crime, and i'd probably just keep it and possibly build an Street Touring autocross car which this would be perfect for.

POSITIVES:
-excellent running condition. transmission in excellent condition with no grinds and new clutch in last 20k miles.
-all original interior in EXCELLENT condition (black interior. all non gsr had a Blue interior as darkest option) This interior is extremely hard to find as it was only made 2 years in that color and only for GSR's. so warning, don't buy a GSR with a crappy interior if you plan to 'restore' it. you will be looking for parts for a long time.
-A/C system unmolested and completely intact (see negatives below)
-100% original under the hood. Only non OEM part on the car is an older MAGNAFLOW exhaust. (i think it was probably put on in the late 90's. as it has a small OEM like TIP on it and is not loud at all. looks stock really.)
-NEW distributor (was having idle issues. rock sold now with new distributor/ignitor)
-New Fuel injectors and gaskets
-New plugs and wires (was breaking up at high rpm when warm. old wires were arcing some)
-New Valve cover gasket
-NEW Front brake rotors, Hawk HPS pads
-NEW Rear Brake Rotors, Rear Brake Calipers, stock Pads. (parking brake spring was weak. the new calipers fixed that and the parking brake handle does not creep up and cause PARKING BRAKE light to activate anymore)
-NEW Fuzion 14" tires on Original Stock GSR Rims (rims could use sanding and re clearcoat). These tires are pretty good in the snow. less than 300 miles on tires.
-Original GSR Wing w/ brakelight
-Tinted. not sure when or what levels. looks like 35% maybe
-Rear wheel wells starting to slightly rust which i find amazing for an original 1992 car. (if you sand down the inside and paint it should take care of it from continuing)
-All windows and auto seat belts work. Passenger window getting slow though.
-Had the car Smog tested late 2010 and it passed at 1/3 levels across the board. i was very surprised. this tells me the engine was extremely well cared, cylinder head and valves/guides/seals are still in excellent shape, and the Catalytic converter is still in good shape.
I did not get the car inspected at the time as the brakes were HORRIBLE. the brakes are absolutely perfect now.
-WILL INCLUDE FOLLWOING PARTS:
Ignition wiring harness (attaches to igntion switch)(these tend to go bad after 100k or so and make the car cut out and make it finnicky to stay running as you have to wiggle the key around to find the perfect spot to keep it running)
New thermostat in box.
New blower motor in box (for HVAC, not a supercharger)
New Blower motor resistor in box.
New Fuel Pump in box
If purchased from a Virginian, i will give you the License plates to register in your name if you want.
" <3 MY DB2 "

NEGATIVES.
-Carfax shows first owner had a minor fender bender.
-Also 2nd owner shows fender bender. Looks like they hit a truck hitch, as the hood has a dent in it right where the emblem was. also lots of rockships on a hood. you can get a replacement hood 'prepainted' from ebay for about $330 + shipping.
-HVAC. fan does not work at all. will include new blower motor and resistor with car. i believe that is the problem
-crack in windshield (may still pass inspection. doesn't go all the way across. This would be the only reason the car would not pass inspection. )
-Pinhole leak in one of the Power Steering lines. Sprays light mist of oil on underside of hood, but PS still works.
-Dent in hood and lots of rockchips. Could use a new hood and paint. hood has no problems closing though.
-Needs new Speedo cable or it needs to be lubed. makes ticking noise. (has mechanical speedo cable going from trans into cluster in case you didn't know)
-has crappy "DUAL" cd player. and sounds like at least one speaker is blown. buyer should replace all the speakers.

These are old pics when i first got car. i will take a pic of the hood in the next day or two.
Pictures:

Last edited by hybridmoments; 09-22-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:25 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hybridmoments has disabled reputation
Default Re: STERLING, VA: FS: 1992 Acura Integra GSR DB2 Frost White 99.5% original

Just took a few pics before the rain.