Notices
Honda Vehicles from Honda/Acura ONLY go here. If you need to mention another make in your thread then it should go in this forum.

Clean 2000 Civic EX 4Door 61k orig.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:43 AM
Slammedxpert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush
Default Re: Clean 2000 Civic EX 4Door 61k orig.

2006+ civic four doors are going for 7-9k... sorry dude, but if you can get someone to pay that much, I hope you are a salesman in real life.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Registered Member

LilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these parts

If you can post links of less miles for less money I'll drop the price

Last edited by LilNasT; 04-07-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Registered Member

3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2000/...dard-Equipment
You already posted this.."retail" is for a dealer that recons a car to sell it in a retail setting.. 4700 it the trade in value aka the private party value..thanks for joining to sell your civic it great to see a troll
Old 04-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

LilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these parts

I think you're new to NADA, and naive about it's purpose.

NADA is a dealership tool. There's three categories for a trade in value , but only one for retail sales. Meaning a dealership is going to offer you one of these three amounts based on the state of your vehicle and then sell it for the retail value because the dealership will only sell the clean trade in vehicles on their lot, while auctioning any rough or average vehicles.

Clean Trade in = $4,700 meaning I could trade the vehicle in at any dealership for apprx. $4,700.
Clean Retain = $6,600 meaning the dealership will sell the vehicle for apprx. $6,600

So in the end the dealership is going to offer you max $4,700 for your vehicle then turn around and sell it for $6,600, then come the dealership charges, so naturally add a thousand or so on top and that's what you would pay at a dealership.

KBB however is a consumer based tool that runs off actual vehicle sales, so you can see what people are selling the vehicles for themselves.

That should clear up your confusion. Oh, and you forgot to add miles to your NADA link, but thanks for the bump.

Last edited by LilNasT; 04-07-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Registered Member

9kAllDay has disabled reputation

dude you wouldnt get 7500 for this if it had 20xxx miles on it.. its a 12 year old car these people are just trying to help you out pimp.. you might get 4800 if your lucky.. it is a very clean car but 7500?? thats never gonna happen
Old 04-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Registered Member

Although I do appreciate the professionalism in your post, I would have to disagree with your opinion, based on research. Not only do the two most common car assessment websites back me up, but so does ebay.

2001 4d EX = 70k miles = $8,295
2002 2d EX = 111k miles = $7,995
2002 4d LX = 79k miles = $6,995
2002 4d EX = 107k miles = $6,900
2000 2d DX = 98k miles = $5,995 <---has 150% more miles than mine and wants $1000 less. Granted 2d, but also DX (D16y7 non VTEC.)

Yeah I'll take my chances with a firm $7,000. Just wondering, what are your opinions based on?
Old 04-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Registered Member

ProjectRex has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by LilNasT
Although I do appreciate the professionalism in your post, I would have to disagree with your opinion, based on research. Not only do the two most common car assessment websites back me up, but so does ebay.

2001 4d EX = 70k miles = $8,295
2002 2d EX = 111k miles = $7,995
2002 4d LX = 79k miles = $6,995
2002 4d EX = 107k miles = $6,900
2000 2d DX = 98k miles = $5,995 <---has 150% more miles than mine and wants $1000 less. Granted 2d, but also DX (D16y7 non VTEC.)

Yeah I'll take my chances with a firm $7,000. Just wondering, what are your opinions based on?
The opinions are based on the fact that you will never get $7,000 for this vehicle.

Simple.

So your options are:
1. Lower the price, and receive reasonable offers.
2. Retain the price, and receive nothing but bashes.

If only ONE person were to tell you "$7,100 is ridiculous" then I can see your reason for denial.
But in this situation, you've got MULTIPLE people telling you that you're price is unreasonable, and DOZENS hitting the back button because they think you're on some kind of hallucinogen.

You know nothing about the true value of this car. They're dime a dozen. Sorry that your assumptions on this car being worth $7,000 was wrong.

A GORGEOUS S2K just sold for $7,500.

This website is FULL 3rd party. A dealership puts outrageous price tags on cars like this. Not people with more than half a brain.

Last edited by ProjectRex; 04-07-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Registered Member

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/ctd/2941785520.html <---probably the closest comparison vehicle to mine. Look at that the dealer wants 7k. and how much do you think his fees are...they probably only run about 3-500? Not a bad buy in my opinion, and I know you're thinking the same thing.

That's all I'm saying.

BTW you're basing your opinion on an opinion again...just FYI.

Last edited by LilNasT; 04-07-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:03 PM
Nudes or GTFO

aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe

This site doesnt have people that look for cars in the price range a dealer would charge. Everyone is looking for a deal and will lowball you to death. Im sure if I went to a dealer with cash in hand for a car they are asking $7200 I could get that car lower than what your asking and get them to drop the fees. Your car is nice and its clean but that doesnt justify asking that high of a price for a 12 year old civic. I think for the most part people are just trying to help you out and not bash. Reality is if you want the car sold on this site be prepared to get maybe 5k for it. Either way best of luck.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Registered Member

If even one of you was able to produce valid evidence that my vehicle isn't worth what I and the rest of the world say it is, I would gladly adjust the price to whatever this new evidence suggests, but if you cannot provide anything of substance I would ask that you refrain from posting.

If it's so blatantly obvious that my civic is worth less than I think it is, prove it. It shouldn't be half as easy as it was for me to produce evidence that the vehicle is exactly the opposite of your collective opinions. I mean evidence that this vehicle is worth less than 7k should be easy to produce whereas evidence it is worth that should be hard to find, yet I have had no trouble. In fact everywhere I look only solidifies my opinion that it is worth exactly what I'm asking.

So please show me where you're getting your knowledge.

Quick Reply: Clean 2000 Civic EX 4Door 61k orig.