Notices
Domestic Vehicles from N. American, Mexican(?) manufacturers go here.

Big turbo Conquest TSI

Old 12-28-2012, 07:17 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clarke240 has disabled reputation
Default Big turbo Conquest TSI

Name: Tyler Clarke
Means of contact: Txt 5403230937 or post on this thread.
Price: $1500 PRICE DROPPED TO $950OBO! (pretty firm but negotiable) or trade for a vehicle that can be reliably daily driven. No preference on make/model.

I CAN NOT FIGURE IT OUT, SO PRICE DROPPED TO $950 OBO! I have way more than this in just parts, come pick it up ASAP!

Description:
1987 Chrysler Conquest TSI
2.6L turbo/RWD/5spd
128k miles

Modifications include:
GSP 63 trim T3 turbo
FabW3rks top mount manifold
Custom FMIC piping and larger core
Brand new Felpro headgasket
ARP head studs
Valve Jet Elimination
Balance shaft elimination
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Jegs fuel pressure gauge
ACT lightweight flywheel
Competition Clutch 6-puck clutch with heavy duty pressure plate
Griffin Radiator
1 piece 3" turbo back exhaust (will need to weld the v-band onto the exhaust, which I will provide)

I'm sure I am missing quite a bit from this list ^^

Now, the bad.
The car starts and idles fine, but under acceleration it bogs heavily. This makes the car not road worthy and thus must be towed to its future destination. I have a video of the bogging, and can link it to you via Facebook if that is something that would interest you. I have quite a bit of money into this setup and it is very frustrating. I am a decent backyard mechanic yet I have lost all motivation to work on it. Plus, I live at an apartment complex with a gravel parking lot and its cold as shit outside.
I thought it could be the MAF, so I sourced a replacement. Not it. Thought it could be a failing secondary injector, also not the culprit. Im quite certain it has something to do with timing, because the distributor has to be clocked 100% clockwise to start/idle well, yet has issues under load.
I have also recently replaced the spark plugs, plug wires, and coil, yet I have not changed the cap and rotor.
**Today (11/29) I realized it is DEFINITELY timing. I didnt have the proper tools or a timing light, but I pulled the dizzy out, cranked the motor half a turn, and reinstalled it and just by doing that it runs much better. Still breaks up at 3k rpm + but it is at least driveable under that RPM**

There is rust on the car. The frame rails are fine, but the pinch point areas are pretty rusted.

There is a few scratches in the paint, and the body is not pristine, but overall decent condition.

Needs a new valve cover gasket (or just the current one to be seated properly, again I've lost all motivation to work on it).

Here is a link to my Craigslist ad:
http://winchester.craigslist.org/cto/3496918480.html

I have multiple pictures on my phone, if you want more detailed pictures of something, TXT ME AND LET ME KNOW!

ONCE MORE, TEXT ME FOR MORE PICTURES/INFO! I STEAL INTERNET FROM MY NEIGHBOR AND THE SIGNAL IS WEAK, THEREFORE IT TAKES TOO MUCH TIME TO UPLOAD THEM TO PHOTOBUCKET TO PUT THEM ON HERE! Haha

Pictures:

Last edited by Clarke240; 01-01-2013 at 12:42 PM. Reason: PRICE DROP
Old 12-29-2012, 04:38 AM
Registered Member

1uzme is infamous around these parts1uzme is infamous around these parts1uzme is infamous around these parts1uzme is infamous around these parts1uzme is infamous around these parts1uzme is infamous around these parts1uzme is infamous around these parts1uzme is infamous around these parts1uzme is infamous around these parts1uzme is infamous around these parts1uzme is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Big turbo Conquest TSI

what are u using for tuning and how much you want for that hood?
Old 12-29-2012, 02:38 PM
Registered member

I have a 1g maf but other than that I have nothing for tuning. Just trying to get the vehicle to run correctly first. Though today I realized it is DEFINITELY timing. I didnt have the proper tools or a timing light, but I pulled the dizzy out, cranked the motor half a turn, and reinstalled it and just by doing that it runs much better. Still breaks up at 3k rpm + but it is at least driveable under that RPM.

And the hood is not mine. It comes with the stock black hood. I can give you contact info if you would like to contact the owner though. He has fuji blue shell, perfectly clean with 0 rust for sale.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Registered member

ttt
Old 12-30-2012, 02:41 PM
Registered Member

Jaronv74 has disabled reputation
Default Big turbo Conquest TSI

Bump seen this around SU campus..sounds great
Old 12-30-2012, 08:24 PM
Registered member

Thanks man! Yeah it sounds beautiful, but has been breaking up pretty early in the rpm range. Just need to redo the dizzy timing on one of my days off. I work right up the street at the JiffyLube and live about a mile away from SU.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Registered Member

Jaronv74 has disabled reputation

yeah i noticed that. and sweet i go to Su lol..glws bro
Old 01-02-2013, 09:15 AM
[OO=[___]=OO]

Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88

Do you have the fenders and lower chin and everything to put the body back together? Does it drive at all? Like, if you don't load it up really bad, will it make a 2 hour drive?
Old 01-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Registered member

Intheshadows has disabled reputation

Do you have the fenders and lower chin and everything to put the body back together?
What he said, I'm in manassas, have a tow truck and can come by sometime this weekend, lmk...
Old 01-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Registered member

I'm pending trade for a motor swap for my S13 on Saturday. If it falls through ill let you know. And yes I have the fenders, fascia, and hood. It will not make a 2 hr drive though. It starts and runs, but is not reliably driveable. I drove it a mile and a half to my dad's house the other day to watch the Redskins game and even that was a stretch. I ended up leaving it there because I didn't feel it would make the drive back without cutting out to bad to drive.

Quick Reply: Big turbo Conquest TSI