Notices
Domestic Vehicles from N. American, Mexican(?) manufacturers go here.

97 Mustang Cobra Convertible CLEAN

Old 09-20-2013, 06:32 AM
RCKTMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
caseyrock caseyrock caseyrock caseyrock caseyrock caseyrock caseyrock caseyrock caseyrock caseyrock caseyrock
Default 97 Mustang Cobra Convertible CLEAN

Name: Casey
Price: $11000obo or trade

No bashing.

Up for sale is my 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra convertible. It has 110,000 miles on it and is in absolutely excellent condition. The paint is about a month old and was done at Bruce's Super Body shop in Williamsburg. It was a $4500 job and looks amazing. New driver side door hinges were also installed. This Cobra has the 32valve 4.6l v8 that was hand built at the SVT factory by a two man team. The engine still has the signed sticker on the motor from the SVT master techs that built it. If you enjoy attention and compliments this car is for you. I can't even go into Richmond or Williamsburg without getting a thumbs up or someone telling me what a beautiful car I have. It's fully loaded with a/c, power seat, and Mach 460 sound system. The top is in good shape and the interior is very clean. I still have the original Cobra floor mats in the car, the leather on the drivers seat is starting to crack but it isn't bad, and there is a stain in the passenger seat bottom.

The Cobra is mostly stock. It's sitting on replica 18x9 Cobra R wheels with great tires. Underneath is a BBK off road x-pipe to a Bassani catback that sounds pretty gnarly. The rear end just had $1100 dropped into it, I had Ford Racing 3.73 gears with new Ford Racing bearings, seals, and Posi-Trac clutches professionally installed at Moyers Automotive in Midlothian. I have a BBK cold air intake on the motor and I recently put Accel coil packs and MSD plug wires on as well as changed the plugs. The only thing done on the inside is an newer head unit.

I'm not pressed to sell at all. When I'm not driving the car it stays under a very nice Covercraft cover. I have a truck and motorcycle that I drive every day, the Cobra is basically a pleasure vehicle so the miles stay off of it. My asking price is $11,000 or trade plus $8,000 (my interests are listed below.) My price is fair, you will not find another mostly original Cobra in such shape. Being convertible and red makes this Cobra stand out and makes it rare. KBB trade-in is $10,900 for this car in "very good" condition and $13,200 for private party value in "very good" condition. Mustang Cobras are selling for outrageous prices at dealerships because not only are they beautiful and quick, but the are very reliable. I would much rather give a decent price to someone rather than let the dealership sell it for $15k .

Trade with $8000 on your end for:
Lexus ES300
Sweet Honda civic del sol Crx or integra
A mustang with a OHV v8 (302,351,etc)
Nice VW GTI or Golf
Audi a4 s4
Volvo sedan
Turbo Mitsubishi eclipse eagle talon GST gsx tsi awd
4-door or extended cab pickup (ranger, s10, Dakota, f150, Tacoma)
Boat
Jet-ski
Attached Thumbnails 97 Mustang Cobra Convertible CLEAN-image.jpg   97 Mustang Cobra Convertible CLEAN-image.jpg   97 Mustang Cobra Convertible CLEAN-image.jpg  
Old 09-24-2013, 06:58 AM
BACK IN A G8

2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr
Default Re: 97 Mustang Cobra Convertible CLEAN

i hate to tell you this man, but your not getting that much for a 97 cobra...

I could barely get $9k out of my 99 that had full bolt-ons(2000 bassani full headers+exhaust)
Old 09-29-2013, 12:42 AM
RCKTMAN

caseyrock caseyrock caseyrock caseyrock caseyrock caseyrock caseyrock caseyrock caseyrock caseyrock caseyrock

the price is obo 👍

Originally Posted by 2ltrgsr
i hate to tell you this man, but your not getting that much for a 97 cobra...

I could barely get $9k out of my 99 that had full bolt-ons(2000 bassani full headers+exhaust)