Notices
Domestic Vehicles from N. American, Mexican(?) manufacturers go here.

1994 Corvette Coupe

Old 04-16-2013, 11:52 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vetteman has disabled reputation
Default 1994 Corvette Coupe

Name: Alex
Means of contact: Text or Call 804 436 6773
Price: $3000

Description: 1994 corvette coupe with 148000 miles on it. Automatic transmission that's been rebuilt. Lt1 350 (5.7 liters) engine making around 290 hp. Dark rose metallic paint.

There's a few problems cosmetically but mechanically is a very stout vehicle. I'll start with the bad first. It's got about 148000 miles on it ( but if you do the math it's less than 8000 miles a year) The paint is in rough shape and it definately needs to be repainted. I've hit one deer with it and had a deer hit me too so I'd estimate somewhere in the ballpark of 350 to 400 bucks in fiberglass repair ( all replaceable body panels). Interior work needed would be seats, some trim pieces, and the electronics that move the seats and adjust the seat shape (this model has the sport seats that have airbags in them so you can adjust lumbar, upper back, side bolstering, and butt cushioning). Also the ac needs a recharge.

And after all this bad I do have some good believe it or not. The tires are all matching and brand new (4 months old). The motor is a replacement piece and has maybe 60000 miles total on it. The optispark ( distributor) is less than 6 months old and is the improved vented unit ( more durable version of the most commonly replaced part in the ignition system). It has a brand new battery because the old one had a bad cell. All the u joints in the rear driveshafts are less than 3 years old. The fuel tank has recently been taken out and completely cleaned out and re sealed to prevent water and vapor leakage and while I was in there te fuel pump was replaced. The transmission has been rebuilt by Kilmarnock auto clinic about a year ago and has less than 7000 miles on it.

Modifications include chrome 18 inch C5 Z06 wheels that fit 265mm tires in the front and up to 305mm wide tires in the rear. It has a mid America Motorworks exhaust kit (cat back) that has the mufflers deleted and is true dual (it's currently off the car because I accidentally high centered at the corner and it pulled the pipes off, nothing serious though the pipes just slipped off, no broken welds). The air box that houses the air filter has been modified to accept a larger and more direct intake charge. I recently did a spark plug and wire change as well so you don't have to worry about those for a long long time. I also recently replaced a few pulleys and the serpentine belt along with most of the hoses.

All in all this is a very stout car and all that it really needs is tlc and a little elbow grease to make it shine like a diamond again. It's reliable as a daily driver and all of the major things that have left me stranded in the past have been dealt with. It's been appraised at 4600 dollars kbb value with all the problems it has so I'd say 4000 is a fair asking price especially considering the engine and transmission work total that by themselves. That's about all I can think of right now but if you have anymore questions I'd love to hear them. This is a great chance to get behind the wheel of an American icon for less than 5 grand. I honestly hate to see her go but I can't drive a family in a corvette. I can provide pics on request.

Pictures:

http://m1128.photobucket.com/albumvi...823dXKaCZ70%3D

Last edited by Vetteman; 04-25-2013 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Price drop
Old 04-16-2013, 12:05 PM
Go cry to momma

Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness
Default Re: 1994 Corvette Coupe

I'm only seeing one link that'll bring up a picture. Try this:

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/hond...-complaint-72/
Old 04-16-2013, 12:14 PM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

But what will your name be now OP?
Old 04-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Lurking....

6_speedeg 6_speedeg 6_speedeg 6_speedeg 6_speedeg 6_speedeg 6_speedeg 6_speedeg 6_speedeg 6_speedeg 6_speedeg

Originally Posted by ufctapout
lol +rep
Old 04-16-2013, 01:30 PM
Registered member

Vetteman has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ufctapout
haven't gotten that far yet haha